Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel Adapters
So I'm looking to buy some 1.5" wheel adapters or find wider rims to fit my bronco. I've been doing some research about hub-centric and lug-centric.

I know that if the spacers are not centered properly on the hub and the wheels aren't properly centered on the spacer, it can cause vibration when driving down the road.
I've found some adapters that are hub-centric ONLY to the stock hub.

My question is......Do I really need to spend the money and get hub-centric wheel adapters (to the truck and wheel) or can I get by with the ones I found that are hub-centric ONLY to the truck????

YOUR THOUGHTS....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
79 FS 351M, Trac loc HPD44, Detroit 9", 4.56's, 37 Toyo's, 17" Helo Maxx 6
I would rather have my adapters on the hub as opposed to the lugs..The hub adapter would be a nice tight machine fit and rounding out is less prone. What material are they made out of? Steel or aluminum? What are the $ differences?
77 Bronco, 5.0 Trick flow heads, roller motor, L&L headers, Protofab family cage, Protofab rear bumper w/ Tire and cooler carrier,Beard seats, Rhinoed tub,33" swampers, PSC ported steering box with soon hydraulic assist.
badbronco Wrote:I would rather have my adapters on the hub as opposed to the lugs..The hub adapter would be a nice tight machine fit and rounding out is less prone. What material are they made out of? Steel or aluminum? What are the $ differences?

They are all Aluminum. Basically, the hub-centric adapters are $140-$160 a pair. The lug-centric are $120 for (4). And I did find adapters that are hub-centric only to the truck for $140 for (4).
I'm leaning more towards the hub-centric to the truck. I don't have $300 for the other spacers!! Know what I mean
But I keep going back and forth between adapters or new rims!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
79 FS 351M, Trac loc HPD44, Detroit 9", 4.56's, 37 Toyo's, 17" Helo Maxx 6
I hate doing things twice but...you could apply that money to rims that you like ...I know your not crazy about them...but why spend the money just to get by...?
77 Bronco, 5.0 Trick flow heads, roller motor, L&L headers, Protofab family cage, Protofab rear bumper w/ Tire and cooler carrier,Beard seats, Rhinoed tub,33" swampers, PSC ported steering box with soon hydraulic assist.
I put them on the Bronco. 1.25" with the studs built in. Stayed with the same wheels and I don't have any problems with them at all. They came with coned lug nuts and self centered when they got tightened down. Now I can turn the wheel lock to lock without the tires hitting the radius arms. I'm happy with them. $55/pr from EZAccessories off of Ebay.

Tim
74 Bronco Ranger halfcab w/toys: lockers f&r, wristed arm, C4, D20, hyd assist steering, 37"MTRs, warm 302. Capability, that's what I'm talkin' bout.
[Image: 2rwp56f.png]
im not a big fan of adapters...i would go with different wheels,less problems in the long run! just my .02 :rebel:
SIZE MATTERS! :rebel: Uncle Ted [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://www.wheelindixie.com
http://www.coastalcarolinaoffroad.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I wanna WHEEL!!! broncosbybart 6 1,071 03-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  4 wheel discs master cylinder snipes243 5 2,220 12-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Last Post: broncomatt
  Cool wheel simulator jdowns67 3 882 01-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Last Post: medwards01
  Busted wheel hub cuz1 10 1,778 07-12-2008, 08:41 AM