Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body is off!
i have a bare frame and drivetrain in my garage now!!! the body is in the back yard covered, and will get sprayed with rustbullet tomorrow! i feel like i just doubled my efforts on this thing! anyway, pics to come tomorrow!
You picked a heck uva day to work on ur Bronc! It was super nice out! Whatcha gonna do with the frame? Come on by and get those coils whenever.
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
i guess im just gonnaq have to build a subframe for the front frame horns, you can really tell now that the drivers frame horn is pretty mangled. its cool though, im just ready to make some more progress...
sounds like you've been busy. keep us posted with the progress.
That is great! I am stoked to hear of all this new found motivation for the Bronco. Keep up the great work and please let us know if you need anything.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
After reading my own post, I guess I don't my levels of enthusiasm very well... Ditto what Chuzie said! Rock on!!!
well, i built a canopy out of ducttape and plastic, and started spraying the rustbullet. it took the whole first coat to get the gun dialed in right. it took almost 3 hours to get that first coat sprayed. when we got the gun dialed in though, it really started moving. by the time i got the second coat down it started raining, and we decided to take a break. the canopy was working pretty good at keeping the rain off, for a minute. while we were in the house the whole canopy came down. the coating says 2 hours of cure between coats, and the canopy fell about 45 minutes after the second coat. i was certain it was ruined. evidently this stuff is water tight after just a few minutes, because when i went to try and dry up the water, the coating didnt budge. water soaked up, and everything looked perfect. so, i drpaed the plastic right over the tub, to keep it dry, and all seems good. guess well see for sure when the rain stops... pics tomorrow, i promise!
Sounds like good progress - let's see those pics! What are your plans with it?
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
ya we need some pics!
Life is short------drive your bronco everyday!
SC74 Wrote:Sounds like good progress - let's see those pics! What are your plans with it?

Pics are coming in the morning i swear, its dark and raining out right now, so i cant get any decent ones...

As for my plans, the tub is gonna get the rustbullet all over. inside is done, the underside, and the firewall will be wednesday. after that Upol raptor spray in bedliner on the inside and two tone paint on the exterior. Limestone Green on top, white on bottom, split at the body line.

the bronco as a whole will be getting a 3.5" SL with 2" BL, and 35's. the axles have already been regeared with 4.56's, and just need a few odds and ends to be complete. engine may get a rebuild, maybe not, but either way will run a Edelbrock performer cam and manifold with a edelbrock thunder series 500 CFM Carb. Of course headers and most likely a custom crossover dual exhaust, built by me like everything else.:toothy12:

idea is a 50/50 street/trail playtoy. its not a daily driver, and never will be. i have a few other custom plans for it too, but i kinda wanna save them for the big reveal...:rubeyes:Confusedupergrin:Confusedupergrin:Confusedupergrin:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Body lift issues dixieboyz13 4 1,105 09-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  Body armor......quarter panel protectors bigjake6 4 1,325 07-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Last Post: bigjake6
  Body Mounted on Rotisserie!!!! Bighorn 15 4,760 09-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Last Post: abunchofidiots
  Looking for a solid body for a rebuild gigabytethis 0 1,414 05-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Last Post: gigabytethis
  pics of new body project broncomatt 4 1,231 03-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Last Post: broncomatt