Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alternator
So what are your suggestions on brand and amps. Lights, stereo, winch, etc. you know the deal
i ran a load boss 160 amp,1 wire hook up...worked awesome.i dont have that now since im 5.0 serp.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Been doing some research on the stock 3G alternators. Some of them put out 130A. Gotta get to the PAP and get me one, if it ever stops raining...
I am running the 130 amp 3G. What I did was go to the alternator starter shop (where I used to work) and told him to build me one with the pulley, housing clocking, etc.. I needed and everything. Those guys know all the different components that can go together and build you one cheaper than you can go buy one off the shelf for.

JD
thanks guys I ordered one last fri from RJM. Got the 160 amp with the double groove pulley and all the wiring kits to adapt. All together it was $195, minus the s&h. Hadnt got it yet or my email confirmation. It was the 3g, 7" pivot 4 oclock. I will def post up when i get it and install.
Casey835 Wrote:thanks guys I ordered one last fri from RJM. Got the 160 amp with the double groove pulley and all the wiring kits to adapt. All together it was $195, minus the s&h. Hadnt got it yet or my email confirmation. It was the 3g, 7" pivot 4 oclock. I will def post up when i get it and install.

WHat size is your motor? Are you going from a stock alternator? Yes plez take lots of pics. I'd like to upgrade mine shortly after I get my motor to wake up!
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
hey Crawdad, Columbia is my hometown left there in 04. I have a 73 302 dont know whats been done to it. came from a mustang grande. I rode in it the day before I bought it-the motor. Previous owner said it had work done to it and thats all he said. For me its a temp motor. I want a 351w in a couple of yrs and I want to build it the way I want it. Right now just trying to get my bronco back together, its been down for 12 yrs and I miss it. There are some pics on here of progress, I would add a link but have no clue how to.

66 Bronco rebuild

That was supposed to be my link! Didnt work.
Casey835 Wrote:hey Crawdad, Columbia is my hometown left there in 04. I have a 73 302 dont know whats been done to it. came from a mustang grande. I rode in it the day before I bought it-the motor. Previous owner said it had work done to it and thats all he said. For me its a temp motor. I want a 351w in a couple of yrs and I want to build it the way I want it. Right now just trying to get my bronco back together, its been down for 12 yrs and I miss it. There are some pics on here of progress, I would add a link but have no clue how to.

66 Bronco rebuild

That was supposed to be my link! Didnt work.

I'm an old LR boy from Eastover, graduated from CU and I'm still stuck in Cola flyn a Tiger flag (when they win!!). I too inherited my dad's 76 Bronco. It was sitting for about 4 yrs until I traded my 95 Tahoe for it. I feel like I got a better deal.

My dad has a 351W bored 40 or 50 over, i think it is still in the bag straight from Napa too???!! He never used it. He went with a Torino that was rebuild with low miles on it. Its been sitting in his garage (along with other bronco parts) for yeeeeeears!!! Its a boat weight to me! If you are interested I can give you his number in Little Mtn, SC, just let me know.:xyxthumbs:
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
At least you are from Eastover and not a left over from Elgin. I dated a mighty fine girl from lower richland for a few years and worked with some good guys from that area. Those were the days. Yeah I would definately love to know what he would like for it if its for sale. Dont know if I would be able to do anything right now. The next thing I want to do is try to disc brakes on the front of this money pit. There are no older model ford or chevy 4x4 parts around here for the conversion so I may have to order that also.
The local LKQ usually has a many of the 3G's, bring an old alternator for the $11 core charge. You can then take it to Advance Auto and they will test it, LKQ will take it back if its bad.
The clocking is not so important because the back will come off and can be put on one of three ways, its not specific to the case, just how its assembled.
Just look for the telltale two holes in the casting.
[Image: 19210111_pom_pm47759_pri_larg.jpg]
Joseph I.T. Guy! "Weeehooo, uh oh!"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternator Choices UTFLIWGYA 7 1,418 08-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Last Post: UTFLIWGYA