Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternator Choices
All: My Alternator has died in my 77 EB (302, Auto).

All of the local places have half a dozen choices...60 AMP, 70 AMP, some don't look like it's the same application or set-up (mine literally has two plugs in the back (one red and one black, + and -) at the three o'clock position looking from back to front. Its a one pulley design. Options? The current one is deader than a doornail....need to get one local.

Thanx,

Brian
Do you need one that puts out a lot of amps? If not, just get a stock one from any of the parts suppliers w/the lifetime warranty. No worries after that...
Dont worry about the configuration on the back. As long as it lines up the pulley and puts out the amperage you want, I would go for it. You can rewire as necessary. Regulator may be an issue too.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Why not go ahead and do a 3G upgrade?
@Broncosbybart - Did just that....I'm not all into the wiring and crazy stuff

@Chuzie - New Battery, New Regulator and New Alternator - Done Smile

@Jdowns - When i hear 3G I think cell phones.....LOL

Thanx Guys. See you on the trails
Glad you got it back together. Hope to see you during the fall URE run!
Awesome! Make sure you reserve your campsite.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
I saw the posting....just waiting to see if my Uncle is going to have me traveling during that time or not. MTF

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  alternator Casey835 11 2,668 02-19-2011, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Casey835