Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Lifts
I need to replace all the bushings, shocks and springs on my 96. Im tossed between a 2" or 4" lift. I was going to buy form the graveyard. I heard the 4" needs long driveshafts and brake lines? today its just an urban 4WD (running over anything in my way). One day I would like to install the solid axel lift i saw from Duff on Gears. Any suggestions? Thanks again.
You can run a 6" and it won't require longer DS... Definitely get the extended brake lines though. In the Urban setting, you can go ahead and use add-a-leaf/blocks for the rear, even though blocks stink (save ya some $). Also, don't get roped into dual shock hoops in the front. You don't need them either. What size tire you planning on running? 33s will fit under a 4", 35s will "need" a 6".
Thanks. Im running 285/75-16 BFG KO'S. Do recommed any other manafractures for the lift's ? I'm going to run add-a-leafs instead of blocks or new leaf springs. I plan on takinjg it fishing and campinp, but not any extreme 4WD.
throwing this out there, just in case...

http://www.fullsizebronco.com

if/when i get around to building another truck i'll go with a cut and turned ttb 4" deaver springs all round and some nice bilstiens, but thats just me.
96 xlt mid-nite 351w
c-dub Wrote:if/when i get around to building another truck i'll go with a cut and turned ttb 4" deaver springs all round and some nice bilstiens, but thats just me.

there is some cash right there.

I had a 92 w/a 6" BDS lift a while back. It rode well. I have nothing good to say about add-a-leaf kits...
Thx
broncosbybart Wrote:there is some cash right there.

I had a 92 w/a 6" BDS lift a while back. It rode well. I have nothing good to say about add-a-leaf kits...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Charlotte Motor Speedway looking for a nice 1980-1996 Full Size BicksBroncs 0 1,307 09-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Last Post: BicksBroncs
  1996 Bronco w/egr Headers 5.8l jrshepherd 2 1,228 06-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Last Post: DirtyWhiteBoy
  Idlew Air Control Valve 1996 5.8L jrshepherd 2 1,373 06-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Last Post: jrshepherd