Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bi-Directional Fuel Filter..... not so much
The motor in my orange bruggy has been acting up lately and getting progressively worse. It has never really had good throttle response without a studder. On Sunday I took it for a ride through our pasture to get it warm and see if it would improve. Instead it decided to die on me and I had to tow it back to the house. It would crank and run on level land, but as soon as it got the least bit un-level it would die. It has plenty of fuel so that was the first thing I ruled out.

Last night I pulled both fuel filters out. I got one back in and let the other one's element soak all day in gas to see if anything showed up (looked clean). Everything looked good when I got home so I went to put it back in. Before I did I blew through it to make sure I had it in the right direction. The way I had it installed offer a lot of resistance and the opposite way had very little resistance. The filter is advertised as "bi-directional" but it sure wasn't for me. Now the motor runs much smoother and the throttle response is just right.

I am running a dual filter / dual pump set-up. This filter is just below the fuel cell and before the LP pump. I also have a better quality filter between the HP pump and motor. My next idea was weak pressure but since I ran SS lines with AN fittings to the stock fuel rails on the intake I don't have a schrader valve or gauge hook up. That will be a future up-grade and put an in-line fuel pressure gauge in the SS line.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-645150/ even says it in the Description
74 Sport Howell EFI & 33's sitting in the yard
73 104 in EB Buggy 5.0 SEFI ,C-4,38's Busy as Hell Building it right now.
00 Honda XR 650R For Sale.Someone buy this bad assed Bike ASAP.
03 Honda Shadow Spirit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel Tank tcb3078 7 2,352 03-28-2017, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Crawdad
  ford fuel accumulator, fuel starving issue??**FIXED** blazinchuck 9 4,374 03-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Last Post: broncosbybart