Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How bout a day trip to URE?? July 16th or 23rd
Been talking to Charles about a day trip. I'm thinking meet at either the Outpost or at the double parking lot around 9:00, ride til 3:00 or so and call it a day.

This weekend is the ECORS race (July 9th) so that's probably out.

The next weekend is a Work day July 16 which is supposed to be a light day of work. Just trash cleanup and putting up some trail markers. If we decide to make the work day, we would meet at the Hunt camp parking lot around 8:30.

Or we could put it off another week and meet up on July 23.

So post up with your date preference.

July 16
July 23

Nick
'73 Bronco - trail modified
I'm game for either weekend. (As long as it is just cleanup/installing trail markers). Last workday wore me out..

Oh yeah, and as well as if I don't tear the race rig up too badly this coming weekend....

Last weekend we went to URE and did some trash clean up. Dutch John was about spotless, except for a couple of places where it looks like people typically park and drink. Probably needs to be done again soon.

Anyone else??? Thoughts??
I was thinking the same thing about the workday as well. Not that I'm opposed to putting a little sweat equity into the trails. But, I don't want to spend the enite day working, it would have been nice to stop work early enough to enjoy some trail riding as well.

But as long as they are planning on just trash cleanup, I think it would a good day to put in a little time and ride some trails.

Nick
Ok. Sounds like the 16 then??? I guess we can plan to meet in the gravel parking lot where we met last time (at Hunt Camp) at 9am.
wish i could go..
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
i gotta work...
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
slackers. work is overrated...
The 16th is the date.

From NC4X4 the workday is indeed a light day. Trail cleanup only so it should be easy and fairly quick.

Looks like we still meet at the Hunt camp around 9:00 and head out on the trails around 10:00. Although, I think once we check in, we can probably head out when we are ready.

I say we plan on signing in at the Hunt Camp, heading to the double parking lot to unload vehicles that are not streetable.

Then I think we should take the long way around to get to Dutch John for a little trail riding in the AM.

Thinking - Rocky Mt. Loop to Sawmill, run that to the part of Slab Pile and Wolfs Den to get to the Dutch John trail head for Trash Pickup/trail ride.

From there if time permits run back down all of Slab Pile and Wolfs Den to make the run up Dickey Bell. We'll end up back at the Double Parking lot from Dickey Bell.

Depending on time and everyone's feelings, we can either part ways from there or either run the top of Daniel to the big hill, to run it then head back out, or run Rocky Mt. loop to Kodak Rock.

This is just an idea, I'm open to other routes, plans, etc., I just usually like to have some kind of plan whether we stick to it or not.

So we've heard from a couple of peeps that are NOT Coming - now lets here from who IS going to be there.

Nick
Bumping this up for ya. Jay might be there??? I will plan on it. I have my ps box apart. parts should be in by thurs. I'll know for sure by then. If for some strange reason the Bronco isn't ready, I can drive the Heep. I won't run the Heep as much as I'd run the Bronco though.

Your plan sounds good to me!!
Nick, Charles,
Good plan see ya Saturday

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  16th Annual CB4x4 November Run snipes243 1 4,646 07-06-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Bronco Biff
  10th Annual NovRun@URE '15 **The Big One Zero**TEN** chuzie 325 91,253 10-25-2020, 01:16 PM
  14th Annual NOVRN@URE!! blazinchuck 15 8,834 11-10-2019, 08:37 PM
  12th Annual NovRun@URE '17 - TWELVE!!!! chuzie 18 8,931 11-06-2017, 11:14 PM
Last Post: godevil
  June 11, 2016 Trip to the Gulches broncosbybart 16 4,388 06-10-2016, 09:43 AM
Last Post: snipes243
  Harlan trip during flood scbronco 1 1,664 10-28-2015, 08:05 PM
Last Post: chuzie
  Gulches day run - Sat March 28th chuzie 16 5,703 04-07-2015, 03:19 AM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  9th Annual NOVRUN@URE '14 chuzie 172 24,618 12-31-2014, 12:17 AM