Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tempting Trail Rig.....running on SEVEN cylinders????
OK,

So I am debating on the purchase of a Trail Rig that has some "issues".

Here's the description from the owner, "I'm selling this truck because the engine is not running correctly. It runs ok except one cylinder is not firing. I'm not sure why. The engine is not knocking and sounds smooth other than the one missing cylinder. It can be driven and actually runs decent."

Any ideas what this could be? Simple stuff to DO NOT BUY THAT sorta stuff I imagine. Would appreciate your input.

The vehicle is at: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/2597245876.html

Brian
not really sure, id have to see it to determine a few reasons why it were not firing.(ie. plug,wire,cap,rotor,computer,tfi module,etc.)

truck looks good, id say that was a good buy...tires look great
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
1st question, is how does he know that it's only on 7?

Then, Chuck is on the right path (go figure).

I can go look at it, if you'd like... Fuzzy-Vag (as us locals call it) isn't far from me... I'd love to see another FSB on here!

JayT
Chuck and JayT,

I had a feeling that you'd both be the first to respond.

I am in Kansas right now....and can't even get to this guy until after the first of October. JayT...I would like to get this thing on the trails too..no reason to have only one full size on the Dutch John huh?

I'd hate to put you out in any way, but if you could take a quick look...that just might make or break this deal for me.

The guys name is Mike Webster at (919) 449-8549. He didn't seem too keen on giving up info or maybe he just wasn't very knowlegeable about the Bronco. If it's a good deal...I'll drive up there and get the thing straight away. The price is right and the tires are an added bonus.

Lemme know. If all turns out well...I'll owe you big-time. Thanx Brian
I'd buy the tires from you Big Grin

They are for sure on the right track. a quick compression test couldn't hurt. even so, engines come pretty cheap if you have the means to swap one out.
I will be in Raleigh on the 4th, if I have time (likely not) I too am happy to have a quick look.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Gonna swing by today to take a look... Stay tuned.
Welp, He was supposed to call me back if the "guy coming to buy it today" didn't take it on Saturday. No call, but the ad is still live. I'll give him another call today. Sorry for no news. I'm trying.
JayT,

Keepin the dream alive.... Hope he calls.

Sorry for not responding earlier....the "Internet Machine" had some connection problems.

Call me direct if ya need....nine one zero - six eight nine - four zero three five.

Thanx in advance....B
JT,

Course of Action #2 (COA) initiated. NEW tires for the ol' 77. A "trail rig" is again reorganized to a lesser importance.

However, I will still be at the NOV 11 run... C U then. B

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  who's running 302-4r70w-zf-d20 j shift-twin sticks? chuzie 2 1,013 12-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Last Post: chuzie
  New Guy Trail Rig ????? UTFLIWGYA 8 1,535 08-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Last Post: firefighter2134
  My new horse: 1991 Bronco trail build. manny 5 4,597 09-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Last Post: manny
  Rock racing rig cuz1 7 3,425 04-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Last Post: broncomania