Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newb post - which manual?
For my '66? There is the 1966 TRUCK shop manual that supposedly covers broncos (four volume set) and the 1966 BRONCO preliminary manual. My understanding is that the preliminary manual requires the Econoline manual to be complete? How much can I get done with just the preliminary Bronco manual?

More importantly why hasn't one of you Gurus quit your day job to make a Chilton's type manual for us EB owners? Big Grin
Welcome to the forum.........mines a 1980's something, sorry couldn't help.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VIN# makes it a 1985, the engine block# is an 1989, and the front end is from a 1987. I call it Broncenstein. [Image: bronco.gif]
Glad you took my advice and came over here. Welcome!
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
You don't need no stinkin' manual.

What are you going to work on? A generic manual would be fine for torque values and general specs.
The chiltons that covers the truck is what I have, as well as the Haynes. Either one will give you all specs and procedures with the exception of rebuilding an auto trans.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
broncosbybart Wrote:You don't need no stinkin' manual.

What are you going to work on? A generic manual would be fine for torque values and general specs.

I'm going to work on EVERYTHING. This is going to be just about a complete build, so I would like the best source of information possible.
Does this help out a lil bit?

Attached Files Image(s)

[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
You can get the wiring diagram for your 66 on Classic Bronco by doing a search. Everything else just ask Matt, Charles and or Chuck as well as others I failed to mention. They know their chit!

Now get out there and introduce urself and post some pics!
Last week you asked me about the location of frames VIN, here is an area of where your VIN should be on the frame. Since you have a 66 there may be other areas on the tub where a temp VIN is located.

Attached Files Image(s)

hey welcome aboard! there is more than enough in the chilton and haynes to put you in the right direction...even has most wiring diagrams. we have another member "scbronco" living in sumter. i dont think i would bother will all those manuals...probably pretty pricey too. post a pic and lets see what your working with,Chuck
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  post and courier wants to do an article on the ford broncos blazinchuck 9 2,467 02-07-2016, 12:11 PM
Last Post: dixieboyz13
  My latest post on Bronco Zone .com 1st Bronco 3 775 10-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Last Post: 1st Bronco
  I need a 2000 F150 Manual Trans rebuilt 2000F150SAS 1 1,381 05-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart