Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ms Piggy. Black and Blue!
Gave her a name that will probably stick on my new project. She's the one that I've wanted to build for years.

Specs are as it sits:

67 Bronco. Currently it has a 302 with NP435, semi-float D60 rear axle, Dynatrac Pro rock 60 front axle, and some misc bolt-ons. Color is some kind of crap brown or something.

Here we go! It has only been 15 years in the making, so don't expect lightning progress...

Attached Files Image(s)

I bought this truck basically because it had the Pro-Rock 60 under the front with 4.10 gears and ARB. I have (had) a 78-79 HP60 front axle that I was going to build, but it would be full width and 8 lug. This axle is 5x5.5 (which I have tons of tires/wheels for) and has about a 64" WMS. The body is pretty good, but needs some ding/dent repair. It was a CA truck.

My plans are to pull the entire drive train. I have to redo the front axle. Right now it has a -1 degree caster angle. I don't think that is within spec... I am looking at putting a 14 bolt in the rear, 4 linking the rear, Cummins 4BT engine, NV4500 trans, and Atlas 4 spd transfer case.

Parts have been sourced from all over the country for this thing. It has been a very slow accumulation but most of it is here. So, follow along and post your thoughts, or input. My plans are to make a daily driver type rig that will get good fuel mileage, drive well, and be about unbreakable on the trail.

The hood was trash, so I removed it and threw it out. It had a hole in it for the air cleaner and was all bent up and cracked as they always seem to do. Then I sold the hard top and gutted the interior to what you see above. More to come soon.
holy cow!!! when did you get this?ill take that old d60 front if ya need space lol
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Got it a few months back. Found it on the JBG classifieds listed in Idaho. The seller moved out there from CA and wasn't using it. I sold the HP 60 right after I bought this rig. I'm still kicking myself for selling it though.

Anyone need a 302, NP435, and D20??? Big Grin
Nice find.
What do you want for the D20?
Very cool Bart! And the award to the club member for "The most # of Broncos owned" goes to...:clap:

Looking forward to seeing the 4BT rig in action.:popc1:
'76 Sport. 5.0 EFI b303 cam, Trickflow intake, Explorer Serp, long tube headers, BCB exhaust, C4,D20, twin sticks, TBP roll cage, 3"SL 2"BL, 33 KM2's
Looks like you'll be spending a few months in the garage.
Thanks for the replies. I'm really looking forward to it but life keeps getting in the way. Still working (part time) for the lumberyard, neck deep in a bathroom remodel, and we had pipe issues with all this cold weather...

I did get the doors and nose metal torn off. I'm planning to cut the inner apron off and make it removable. I want to keep it all there instead of tubing it out, as I do plan to drive it regularly.

Attached Files Image(s)

Well, 11 of the 12 bolts that hold the door hinges onto the door posts would not come out without breaking. Spent the better portion of half a day drilling the old bolts out and chasing the threads in the door posts. The older Broncos used Phillips head bolts rather than the regular hex head bolts. What a pain. At least the bolts were fairly soft and drilled somewhat easily.

After all that I began to bend some tube for a roll cage. Crawdad really wanted my Crab cage, so I'm building a new cage using 2" .120 wall DOM. Stuff is stout! My bender really doesn't like it...

I fabbed up the base plates using 3/16" steel and bent the main hoop. Here are a few pics of the work so far.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking good keep us posted I'm looking into doing a cage in a few weeks I hope