Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New project
Gentleman... I'm finally going to build the lubr bronco that I've always wanted. Going to paint this 76 that I picked up last week dark grey with satin black ranger stripes and the top painted satin black. Going to keep my stock wheels. No chrome except vent windows, door handles, antenna and mirror.

Here's where I need some input from you guys. The bronco has 3.50 gears. I'm committing to not cut or trim the fenders. I want to lift this bad boy but I really want this thing to handle like a champ. I'm currently thinking of putting a 3.5 lift on it with no body lift. I want this bronco to look bad ass but with the gearing I don't feel like I can go over a 32" tire. Crawdad told me earlier today that a 32x9.5x15 tire would work but again I'm not sure that's going to fill the front wheel well enough for me to be satisfied. The last one I built (pictures below) had a 5.5 lift and I love the way it set up but it drove like crap over 50mph. It had 33" tires with 17" wheels.

Any suggestions on recommend lift, kind of lift, changes to the 76 inverted Y front end, etc...? Again my biggest concerns are look and comfort while driving. I do not want to have to wrangle the bronco at the sacrifice of looks.

Thank you all in advance!

Johnathan
The problem is the inverted Y. Any lift 3.5" or higher tends to get squirrelly on the road no matter the tow done on to ur rig. I plan to go to an aftermarket T-style front end on my 77 build. I also plan to use a 3.5" SL in rear but may opt for the 2.5" coils in front along with a 1"-2" BL all around. I hope to comfortably slide in my skinny 33s in there.

My question to you is why in the world did you get rid of that LUBR in the second pic?!!! That is freagin beautiful!
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
Casey835 has a 5.5" SL on his and is having steering issues as well. He will most likely be turning his knuckles to get better caster angle. He may chime in with some feedback.
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
Everything I have is always for sale... For the right price. It really is a nice bronco. I found it in bamberg sc and it was the cleanest bronco I'd found in SC/NC/Ga. Had this one taken all the way to the bare metal.    
This was my starting point:    
The guy who bought it from me owns a classic car dealership.
I hate you........ You've done well Luke Skywalker!
Still naïve and still learning!!!!Lucky I have Mike...
Went with ford magnetic metallic:
[Image: 4ce7f9677e1d82cd7026fcc7f5a63644.jpg]

Inner tub was painted Friday. Painting front clip and under the hood Monday. Getting close!
Dealing with damn vent windows... Should of just bought new doors.

Interior of tub is painted... Inner doors tailgate and dash all painted.
Hanging fenders, tailgate and doors tomorrow. Hopefully wet sanding before the weekend.... Getting close
I feel ur pain on vent windows... Hands down my least favorite part of rebuilding a bronco!
I could been figuring these vents out of the past 6 months. What I've learned through this process: Assuming.... cost money and frustration.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  66 project bassman9lb11oz 6 4,025 11-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Last Post: SC74
  95 FSB project jdowns67 9 5,704 03-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Last Post: medwards01
  bout time i post up my project here... scbronco 11 3,263 12-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  New member, new project! 13bullets 14 4,512 05-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Last Post: supertoyota88
  Finished 69 project after blowing my motor gigabytethis 3 2,370 11-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Last Post: gigabytethis
  Chuzie's '77 Project johnpaulgolf 78 13,366 08-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Last Post: jollygrngiant
  My T-day Transfer case TRANNY project johnpaulgolf 3 1,218 11-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Last Post: broncomania