Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 events
Anyone have anything that they are dying to do this year? The only thing I've seen discussed is the Nov URE run, the weekend of the 11th.

Any other plans you guys want to do? Meet and eat? The fall speedway swap meet/show? The board hasn't been very active lately and I don't like that.

For workdays, we will probably do May, Sept and/or Oct. It would be cool to plan a few regular wheeling trips there too. What say the remaining few?
I would like to do some mini meet ups those seem to fun. And maybe a windrock trip
68 Half cab
Do I remember some of you discussing Harland or something like that in Ky. I am open for a trip somewhere. Maybe early fall or something like that. Is there anywhere to wheel in Va.?
Only place in VA that is close(ish) is Potts Mtn. I haven't seen a lot about it but it looks like it could be a good time. Gore is up in Winchester, near the top of the state. Those are the only 2 places in VA that I know of.

Clay, let us know when you might want to organize a meet and eat type thing. One thought is that maybe we can do a Gulches run to get the NC and SC group together???
Any of those will be nice, I would like to do the Nov run the week before the holiday if we can so it isn't as busy or week after.
It's set for the 11th I think William

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Had a friend Camp at Misty Mountain in Crozet VA last weekend and saw some vehicles hitting some trails there. RCPFA has some private land there I have wheeled.
:xyxthumbs: ROCKNROLL!!
I know Crozet officially closed a couple years ago. Never made it up there. No idea on what misty mtn is or if it's legal.
Yea the piece of land that R.C.P.F.A. operated closed to "open" wheeling events. There was rumors of a new area. I'll inquire to one of my local friends and see what's up. I'm not sure of the trails that pass thru misty mountain are much more than "back roads" or paths. "The Cove" in Winchester is private and not regularly open to OHV's and usually requires "Big Dogs" or similar to sanction an event, like MEB would do. http://www.bigdogsoffroad.com/ Since I failed at Super Cel to reach Windrock it's still on my bucket list along with Harland, or even Gulches!
:xyxthumbs: ROCKNROLL!!
broncosbybart Wrote:Only place in VA that is close(ish) is Potts Mtn. I haven't seen a lot about it but it looks like it could be a good time. Gore is up in Winchester, near the top of the state. Those are the only 2 places in VA that I know of.

Clay, let us know when you might want to organize a meet and eat type thing. One thought is that maybe we can do a Gulches run to get the NC and SC group together???

I would probally like about a month time to get the word out on a mini meet and greet. There seemed to be an interested in doing them again from super cell. Idea it would be awesome to something maybe once a month Im not sure if that is 2 much for us. Like a work day, meet up or wheeling trip, wrench and roast something.

I think a gulches trip would be awesome. There is also the new trails in West Virginia, and the Shop in Marion. What is everyone else thinking?
68 Half cab

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  for events... blazinchuck 1 716 11-05-2015, 12:17 AM
Last Post: broncosbybart