Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compare Suspension system MFGRs
Does anyone know where I can get a decent comparison of suspensions and the manufacturers. I have been looking at Cage, James Duff, WH, etc and they all look somewhat similar. I have no apples to apples here and want to make sure I make an educated decision before I drop $2,500. I tried searching some of the forums but no real luck unless I missed something.

Looking at the top lines from each of the manufactures for the 5.5" lift systems.

Also, if I install a major system like this with my stock axles and decide to upgrade to D60 later, will this cause a problem?
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
I would go with cage arms...they have parts ready if you go D60.Not sure I have ever seen a comparison. everyone is gonna be bias. I pieced mine together and love it,but want to get cage arms...even maybe 4 link the rear as Robert.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
I would 4-link it but from what I have read it is a royal pain in the butt and expensive. Lots of time involved and reworking until it is right. I am not real sure what direction I want to take my rig right now. If I was going hard core I would definately consider the 4-link. What are you running right now?
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:

I have extended arms(all4funoffroad),3.5"11 leaf rear springs(BCB's),4.5" rock crawler coils(WH's), duff front shocks,in board rear shocks(WH's)2" body lift(WH's)raised track bar mount & adjustable track bar(WH's)WCB's rock crawler steering w/hydro assist(not installed completely).Aslo degreed radius bushing(WH's),I also have tall/longer spring mounts in the rear. Should some it upConfusedmokin:
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
All the vendor kit are well engineered. I believe the Cage is a newer design of the Duff's control arms. The Duff 4 link kit looks simple enough, takes out most of the guessing in designing a suspension system.

I was talking with Carl(cuz1) at the Charlotte meet about his 4 link. He was frustrated and said he was giving thought to swapping back to a simpler leaf design.
Hmmm. I didn't realize Duff's 4-link was out yet. Read about it a few months ago and thought it would be a while. I would consider that since it is about the same price as their other complete systems if it would eliminate the frustration of fabbing my own from scratch.

Chuck, Wow!!! You have parts from just about everyone. Was that intention from the get go or was it a result of trial and error because you were not satisfied from a complete set from the original MFGR?

It has been so long since I have seen my rig but, if I recall, the lift that is currently on it was backyard engineered so I may have my work cut out for me to get it back to a condition where I can install a big name bolt on system. Oh, well. I would rather do it right and get the performance I am ultimately looking for.

I was on a serious budget when I started almost 3 years ago. I knew what I wanted, but had to wait til it became available on ebay. I bought the arms, then found the rear springs, so on son...I did have to buy new coils...to go with what I already had. I had a complete rolling chassis when I was done...just like the 1st time you saw my truck. Only thing since then, was 38tsl's,full widths,gears,4 speed tranny,soft doors,bead locks.:beer: you get the kit from who ever and in a weekend...you will be rolling dude!!!! Nothing I haven't done already c'mon!Confusedmokin:
So basically you have been pretty stinkin' busy since I left. Can't wait to see it all in person. 6 weeks and counting!!!!!

for $2,500.00 you can run cage arms , cage coils, 4 link the rear with air shocks.
you would still need drop pitman arm, 2 front shocks, brake lines. but it would flex very very good.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
Is there another 4 link retailer out there other than duff's or would I have to fab the 4-link?

I already have the brake lines installed so just shocks and drop pitt.

Good idea. I think I may look into that. Would be nice to have air shocks so I can lower the rig enough to squeak into my garage. I alway rub the top bar of the soft top.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pitman arm bushings? and a couple other suspension ?'s knoxville714 3 2,969 09-16-2016, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Deltabronco
  1996 Bronco New BSD 4" long arm lift on IFS suspension- Setting Wheelbase jrshepherd 11 3,522 01-31-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  suspension seats snipes243 4 2,588 03-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Last Post: snipes243
  suspension setup GOODOLEBOY84 0 1,508 01-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Last Post: GOODOLEBOY84
  2.5" Suspension Lift JimR 20 5,529 08-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Last Post: snipes243
  cutting edge suspension for SAS DocLewis 8 4,507 03-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Last Post: johnski