Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carb trouble
Some of yall know I had some issues Confusedcratchhe: with my carb. Well a freind of mine used to race cars and suggested his buddy's shop and I got a good discount. They timed and tuned my motor and carb and [SIZE="7"]WOW[/SIZE] what difference :biggthumpup:. He advanced the timing, put new springs (stronger) in the metering rods and vacum adjust after that. Dang my little stock 302 is hitting just right and powerful. They invited me to go with them sometimes mud booggin. These guys are into to chevy's with big motors (454-605) and big (44-48 ) tires, I told him my little Bronco might surprise um where it could go. Anyway now just waiting on my new alt. and optima Confusedupergrin:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
Congrats John glad to hear that you got the bugs worked out of it... :xyxthumbs:
I bet with your carb now tuned in is like night and day. You should be fine in the mud w/ those new TSL's. Tall and skinny's do great in the mud
Brian
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
79 FS 351M, Trac loc HPD44, Detroit 9", 4.56's, 37 Toyo's, 17" Helo Maxx 6
jollygrngiant Wrote:Tall and skinny's do great in the mud

...As long as there is a bottom.

Be sure to take pictures either way!!! :biggthumpup:
'95 Bronco -- 351W-435-205, D44 SAS, Cromos, Truetrac, E-Locker
Ogeechee 4x4 Wrote:...As long as there is a bottom.

Be sure to take pictures either way!!! :biggthumpup:

Well your are invited...these boys are from Bloomingdale :rebel: so you will have to come over Confusedupergrin:

John, glad to hear you got it dialed in. Be sure to mark where the timing is set as well as any other adjustments.
For an altinator I recomend the 3g, bolts right in and puts out the power.
As for a batt, nothing better than an optima.
Broncomatt
johnpaulgolf Wrote:Well your are invited...these boys are from Bloomingdale :rebel: so you will have to come over Confusedupergrin:

:toothy12:
'95 Bronco -- 351W-435-205, D44 SAS, Cromos, Truetrac, E-Locker
There is always a bottom. The questions is does the bottom support your framerails? Smile

Your bad luck rubbed off on me. The Honda Pilot battery is toasted. Ironically, I bought a jump pack to keep in the car for my wife to use in my absence; she called me today to drive out and jump her car!!! Sad

Pointless I say!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
chuzie Wrote:There is always a bottom. The questions is does the bottom support your framerails? Smile

Your bad luck rubbed off on me. The Honda Pilot battery is toasted. Ironically, I bought a jump pack to keep in the car for my wife to use in my absence; she called me today to drive out and jump her car!!! Sad

Pointless I say!

Bad luck? hell I got two brand things comin' :hysterical::hysterical:

carbs fixed , yippeee !!!!! congrats.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  carb help maybe firefighter2134 7 3,240 03-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Last Post: firefighter2134
  Carb Question.. Help a Brother out.... Mill Knob 26 9,807 09-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Last Post: 66stocker
  Carb CFM? JayT 7 3,935 11-16-2008, 02:18 AM
Last Post: 744x4
  Fuel injected or Carb obxbronco 12 4,972 02-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Last Post: obxbronco