Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for C4
I think I need to go to a C4 for my rock racer. Does it bolt direclty to a Dana 20?
Who has a C4 they need to get rid of?

carl
Carl - For some reason Ford had several different adapters between the 3 spd. and D20 and C4 and D20. Output shafts vary +/- an inch or so on different trans. I think this is right - I'm going off of a site I saw about a year ago when I was doing the same conversion.

If you can find a C4, hopefully it will still be mated to the D20 and you won't have to worry about finding a matching set. If you can find them mated already, it is a simple bolt on conversion - same x-member and same driveshaft angle, all you'd have to find is a auto shifter.

Let us know if you find one.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Carl, the c4 has a removable bell housing, and used diffrent adapters depending on what it was in. You will need, a c4 with small block bellhousing, adapter for the dana20, intermediat shaft. Your intermediat shaft is diffrent since it was from a stick.
My suggestion would be to get a junk unit with the t-case attached.
Since the front output on yours is not correct that would fix that too.
Have it overhauled with kevlar clutches and bands.
Broncomatt
Not to hijack the post, Carl... But quick question for ya Matt. Any particular rebuild kit, or is the Autozone kit fine as long as they're kevlar?

Thanks,
JayT

broncomatt Wrote:Carl, the c4 has a removable bell housing, and used diffrent adapters depending on what it was in. You will need, a c4 with small block bellhousing, adapter for the dana20, intermediat shaft. Your intermediat shaft is diffrent since it was from a stick.
My suggestion would be to get a junk unit with the t-case attached.
Since the front output on yours is not correct that would fix that too.
Have it overhauled with kevlar clutches and bands.
Broncomatt
cuz1 Wrote:I think I need to go to a C4 for my rock racer. Does it bolt direclty to a Dana 20?
Who has a C4 they need to get rid of?

carl

Dang bro:banghead: you are a day late...I just made a deal with JayT...Confusedcratchhe:...hmmm he's kinda big don't think you can take it from him.:hysterical:

Wish I could help cuz1 sorry.
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
Like mentioned before, it is best to find a C4 out of an EB. You will need the bearing retainer/spud shaft for the D20 to the C4. Find a tranny and bring it down. I'll build you one that will take anything you can put it through:xyxthumbs:
'72 TBA...
Yeah, even if I wanted to let it go... Now that my arse is gonna have to deal with the in-laws (who are bringing it up for me), I'm not sure cuz could afford how much it'd cost! :hysterical:

johnpaulgolf Wrote:Dang bro:banghead: you are a day late...I just made a deal with JayT...Confusedcratchhe:...hmmm he's kinda big don't think you can take it from him.:hysterical:

bucketobolts Wrote:Find a tranny and bring it down. I'll build you one that will take anything you can put it through:xyxthumbs:

I may have to remember that!
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
johnpaulgolf Wrote:Dang bro:banghead: you are a day late...I just made a deal with JayT...Confusedcratchhe:...hmmm he's kinda big don't think you can take it from him.:hysterical:

Sorry I missed it:banghead:
bucketobolts Wrote:Like mentioned before, it is best to find a C4 out of an EB. You will need the bearing retainer/spud shaft for the D20 to the C4. Find a tranny and bring it down. I'll build you one that will take anything you can put it through:xyxthumbs:

You got a deal BOB! Keep an eye out for one.:xyxthumbs: