Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clinking noise
hey fellas,
whats going on. i have a problem with my bronco. while im driving i hear a "clinking" sound that seems to be coming from the front. i dont know if its from the front diff's of the driveshaft. at first i thought it was the brake pads moving, but that wasnt it. is there something im forgeting to troubleshoot? i have a dana 44. thanks for the help.

jorge
do you hear it when driving slow or fast?

do you have the stock rims?
'95 Bronco -- 351W-435-205, D44 SAS, Cromos, Truetrac, E-Locker
it starts a few seconds after i get rollin'. i have after market rims.
There goes my theory. Mine made that noise several times when my stock center caps were loose. aftermarket ones aren't usually bolted on..

Confusedcratchhe:
'95 Bronco -- 351W-435-205, D44 SAS, Cromos, Truetrac, E-Locker
I have a smiliar issue. I have yet to find what it is even after troubleshooting. I heard it today when I was in the mud.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
U joint?
'72 TBA...
I was thinking the same thing. I caught a bad U-joint in my rear axle when the tranny was down and pretty sure the front was good but is worth another look.

jorge, have you looked at your front U-joints?
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:

not yet. how do you know if they are bad?
If you can wiggle the U-joint in the caps it is toast. Sometimes this method is not completely reliable and you have to remove the U-joint and inspect the caps for play but I would say that if it is bad enough to make noise you could probably see the movement with it installed.

i'll go do that right now. one more thing, is the front driveshaft suppose to have play and make a noise in the fornt diff while its in park and the motor is off?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rattling/clicking noise from Transfer case jdowns67 3 1,105 05-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Last Post: jdowns67
  popping noise chulo2004 7 1,525 01-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Traveler