Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Project "Big Country" - Front Bumper Fab
Been taking care of some loose ends lately.

I was able to use the stock explorer ps reservoir by removing some of the explorer bracket (hole saw using an un-needed bolt hole as a center) and moving the res. down.

Also, I removed the transmission cross member to notch it for the Art Carr shift cable. I'm using the same shifter that I used in Jessica's ride so I was familiar with what I needed to do, but considering my plan is to beat the you know what out of this one I decided to re-inforce the notch. A piece of 1-3/4 tube cut in half did just the trick. I tacked the tube in place and re-installed the cross-member to double check my measurments before I weld it in for good. All looks good so hopefully I'll take it back out and weld it tomorrow night.

Attached Files Image(s)

'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Still looking good:beer:. So when does the drive shafts go in?? Looks to be getting closer...Keep it up Robert.. I work on mine a little every day and before long I will be back on the Road...
Mill Knob Wrote:Still looking good:beer:. So when does the drive shafts go in?? Looks to be getting closer...Keep it up Robert.. I work on mine a little every day and before long I will be back on the Road...

Once I get the cross-member back in for good I'll bolt the driveshafts in. They're sitting there waiting :toothy12:

Got the cross-member finished last night and everything bolted back in for good.

Driveshafts will go in tonight and hopefully the fan shroud will come in today so I can start back on the radiator.

Good Work on that x-member. It won't be long now!
Got the radiator mounted, trac bar drop bracket welded on, changed pitman arms, and upper radiator hose figured out this past weekend. We ended up hacking some more of the explorer bracket to make the hose work, but it was un-used bracketry anyway so no loss.

Next... figure out lower radiator hose, install distributor & TFI, fab shock hoops and mount shocks, finish plumbing fuel lines, and wiring!

very nice robert.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
We've gotten a lot done on the Bruggy the past several weekends.

Here is a picture of the upper radiator mounts we made. We had to get it closer to the fan so made these brackets to stretch it out rather than connecting the mounts to the tube support.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are several pictures of how I made the lower cross-over hose. I took a hose with lots of random bends, did some cutting and flipping around, and then used some muffler tubing to connect A to B. It took some trial and error and a couple trips to the muffler shop, but overall I'm happy with how it turned out.

Attached Files Image(s)

I wish I had taken pictures of the shock hoops before they were welded on, but here is the finished product. I only plan on running one shock, but we made them so that 2 shocks could be run off of the cage arm. We used 1.5 120 wall.

We also got the hood pin tabs made and welded to the tube support.

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Added some D Rings to the front bumper. Broncitis 3 1,642 07-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  Project Mall Crawler broncosbybart 11 3,290 12-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Last Post: SC74
  My 70 Sport Project..."Nothin' Fancy" ncsubronc 11 2,935 10-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ncsubronc
  Project Snow Ball 73Bronc 99 14,665 09-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Last Post: 73Bronc
  Gen2 to Gen1 front clip conversion ONEWYR 11 4,859 05-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Last Post: supertoyota88