Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spewing Green Stuff and Hot as BLAZES!!
OK..so the EB did great at Uwharrie and got me there and back without a problem. I had it into a local shop before the run for a tune-up, carb check, replace the fuel pump and the WATER PUMP.

All was well....until this morning. I went to check out a local 83 Bronco for sale as my trail rig (I shouldn'tve taken the EB to check out the new Bronco). Before lunch I could smell the "sweet smell of coolant", but thought nothing of it and saw no leaks. When I drove to lunch I noticed a distinct smell of coolant and saw that my temp gauge had spiked into the unknown temperatures of Hades itself. The EB was parked and it proceeded to spew hot coolant everywhere...looked like it was coming from the bottom of the WATER PUMP and down the front of the engine. Now, i went back to the place that fixed it and they were closed....like forever. The place was for sale.

So, my question is, now that the EB is cool to the touch, I can see that there is about a gallon or less of coolant in the radiator. WHERE do I start" Hoses? Fill with water and watch for leaks? Tow it to a shop (I live in an apartment complex)? Suggestions please. Thanx

Messages In This Thread
Spewing Green Stuff and Hot as BLAZES!! - by UTFLIWGYA - 08-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Spewing Green Stuff and Hot as BLAZES!! - by JayT - 09-01-2010, 11:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing new and used stuff soon. BucknEB 42 7,892 10-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SC74