Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Cleaner help
Hey - I just have a general question about the air cleaner as I'm getting ready to put the new motor in my Bronco......I don't want to put the stock air cleaner back in but just want to make sure that if I buy the circular one that sits on top of the carb that it will clear the hood......seems like it's going to be awful tight just by looking.......Tom's Bronco Parts offers one they say works with the stock hood...

Can someone clarify for me?

This is only the first of many questions I know I'll have as I'm doing this so be ready!:notworthy:

Thanks!
'73 EB
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Red if it where me with your stock truck I would leave the air cleaner on it with a good clean up and refresh ( i.e new paint/new stickers) To me thats what makes your Bronco unique. Confusedupergrin:

Just my .02 ... :biggthumpup:

Please post some pics. :popc1:

JP
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
Thanks JP....I'm not totally opposed to cleaning up the old one....I was really just wanting to "tidy up" some things...

here are a few pics of what it is now.......Also, the intake that I'll have on the new motor won't stand up as much as what's on there now if I do decide to go with the other air cleaner so that may help....

Attached Files Image(s)

'73 EB
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have a circular air filter on top of Jessica's 302 and it BARELY clears the hood. In fact I have to use a short filter to make it work, but it's in there.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Red did you or are you going to use those manifolds I gave you? Confusedcratchhe:

If you need anything else let us know...good luck hope to see it soon!!! Confusedmokin:

im diggin that stock air cleaner .
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
broncomania Wrote:im diggin that stock air cleaner .

[SIZE="7"]X2[/SIZE] Confusedmokin:

its cool to rock the stock air filter:biggthumpup:Confusedupergrin:
68 Half cab
kind of diggin' my new valve covers, too......can't decide what I want to show off!!:banghead:

I'll keep 'ya posted! Thanks

Quote:I have a circular air filter on top of Jessica's 302 and it BARELY clears the hood. In fact I have to use a short filter to make it work, but it's in there.

Thanks, Robert for that info as well
'73 EB
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:Red did you or are you going to use those manifolds I gave you?

I still have them and had started to clean them up but I'm going to put headers on so if anyone needs them they're here

Thanks
'73 EB
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Idlew Air Control Valve 1996 5.8L jrshepherd 2 1,376 06-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Last Post: jrshepherd
  mass air? bone collector 2 1,604 05-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Last Post: lobo1117
  Air conditoning issues tapiot 6 1,376 09-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Last Post: broncomatt