Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
front sway bar
Hi my friends im new in the forum and im have a question, a couple of months ago, me and my friend Fili do the fixing of my front suspension, but my friend donts remove the front sway bar, in this time i dont have a chance to probe the flex of mi suspension, Im bought this car 1 year ago and little by little im gonna fixing all the little troubles, and i want the truck for long travels some times in the highway and some times in the off road, so i want a truck whit enough cappabilities on and off road, please if any body can help me ??? sorry for the bad spelling im from mexico. GRACIAS AMIGOS!!!! Confusedcratchhe:Im attach some pictures of the work thanks!!

Attached Files Image(s)

1st off welcome aboard!!!! Thank you for joining up...I do believe you are our 1st "far away" member :xyxthumbs: Im a little confused as to what you are asking, but I think it pertains to the sway bar. The sway bar should be pretty easy to remove. I love the coil over conversion...the welds look nice!:notworthy: we need some more pics of that bronco,Chuck
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
blazinchuck Wrote:1st off welcome aboard!!!! Thank you for joining up...I do believe you are our 1st "far away" member :xyxthumbs: Im a little confused as to what you are asking, but I think it pertains to the sway bar. The sway bar should be pretty easy to remove. I love the coil over conversion...the welds look nice!:notworthy: we need some more pics of that bronco,Chuck
Hi Chuck, well, im happy to join to this comunity, Im love my bronco, and yes my question its about if the sway bar its neccesary for long highway travels, or if i can remove or maybe do a quick disconects for the rugged trail, sorry my english its no so good, but im appreciate all the support thanks so much. GRACIAS AMIGO!!! and today im gonna take a little ride for test the suspension im gonna take pictures and post here :xyxthumbs: Saludos desde la Baja!!!
Welcome!

I'm not sure that I would recommend driving long highway trips without it, but I've been driving around town with my 90's sway bar disconnected for years. You will notice some more body roll, but I kinda got used to it by now... I'd look into some quick connects, or make some if you can't find any.

JayT
well, i never owned a full size bronco. but i did have a 89 k5 before. it was leaf springs @ all 4 corners, but when i was changing the style of shocks in the front...i found a few things out. i 1st had stock shocks, then 4 hydros shocks, then 2 nytro shocks. while running the quad shock set-up...i couldnt run with out the sway bar! however when i removed them and install 2 nytros...the front end calmed down so much...that i completely removed the sway bar. i even had the quick-disconnect kit...but found i did not need the sway bar at all. it was safe in the turns and up to speeds of 80mph...it had 6" of lift and 35"MT's.

your answer may ly with the set up you have for the coil overs...to run without it...you may need more preload. cant hurt anything testing different things out...just dont enter it in a road coarse just yet...:hysterical:
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Welcome aboard!! I don't understand why anyone would not want to run without their swaybar. Cuts down on body roll, makes the shocks work less, actually supports some of the front end weight. Well to each his own, welcome again!!! :xyxthumbs:
Psalms 27:1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I"ve had my sway bar disconnected since I put my lift on. That was about 3 years ago. I've never had any problems with body roll. I mean, come on, Its a fullsize!! Its not like you're gonna take a corner at 60 mph!
The way I see it, there's no need for sway bars. I guess it all depends on how you drive your rig.
Love the coil over conv.:notworthy:

Lets see some more pics!!!:popc1:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
79 FS 351M, Trac loc HPD44, Detroit 9", 4.56's, 37 Toyo's, 17" Helo Maxx 6
Thanks my friends. Yesterday i take a little ride, im not disconect the sway bar already, im think the bronco power its awesome, and this are the pictures, and about the pictures of the coilovers conversion im gonna take more pictures friends, thanks for everything !!!

Attached Files Image(s)

sweet looking bronco!!!!
blazinchuck Wrote:sweet looking bronco!!!!
Thanks my friend!!! its really nice this forum all the people here loves Bronco's and me too!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Desde Baja Sur Mexico!!! Full Size 78!!!
Saludos Bronco Amigos!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front axle krazybronco 1 770 02-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  Stiff front end. Rollers888 14 2,216 01-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Rollers888
  RockSolid PreRunner Front Winch Bumper 92-96 Sweat 28 10,865 06-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Last Post: jollygrngiant
  gears front and rear bone collector 8 2,878 07-31-2009, 08:07 PM
Last Post: chuzie
  FSB front rotor removal tapiot 18 5,699 04-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Last Post: bone collector
  JP's New Front Bumper!!!! SC74 60 7,745 12-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Last Post: SC74
  Roll Bar JimR 1 1,202 11-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bucketobolts
  front axle vent KMIBronco 7 2,424 08-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Timstrk
  New front driveshaft badbronco 1 2,952 07-10-2008, 11:05 PM