Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got my engine back today
:chili::chili::party::jump:Got my 390 back from the machine shop today! Need some bearings, rings, some other odds and ends. I hope to have it back together in a few weeks. Just love progress on a project.
Confusedmokin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sweet !!! :rockon:

Keep us posted :biggthumpup:

:popc1:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
matt i must have missed something. what are you putting a 390 in ? and what year engine is it ?
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
Give us some pictures, we want to see the truck.
Stupid hurts when it catches up, and it WILL catch up!

[SIZE="4"]Founding member of the "cheap bastards 4x4 gang''[/SIZE]
[Image: Outalne_017.gif]
I picked this up about 3 years ago. Its a 1971 f250 crew cab, 2wd, ps,pb,front disk, 390, auto with the short bed. Very few were ever made with this combination.
Since it has the short bed but is a crew cab its only 9" longer than a standerd cab with the 8' bed. With ps, pb, auto trany its easy to drive as any modern truck. The interier has new carpet, apholstery, headliner. The one problem these trucks suffered from was the frame would flex some, some one added a 1/4 plate cut to match the frame and welded it on the outer side of both frame rails.
I have already blasted the front half of the frame, sealed and painted it, put new cab mounts, floor patches, king pin bushings, radius bushings, pivit bushing, shocks and all new body mounts. Picked up another front clip from a guy in sc, that has been blasted and sealed. Resealed the rear axle with new brakes too.
I have some little patches to work on around the truck, strip the rust/paint off the cab and front clip. I plan to blast the bead, weld any patches that are left and shoot it with a coat of paint.
I plan to keep this looking close to stock, my build concept is to build the truck as if it had been bought new and had upgrades done at the dealer before delivery. Things that were commonly done back then. 4bb intake and carb from a mustang of the same generation, vintage air a/c system, Micky Thompson rims.
This is a pic of it when I first got it. Going to be blue with a white roof. Stay tuned for the engine build.
[Image: PB240011.jpg]
[Image: PB240009.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
that truck is beef. i like it. where in the world did you find it ?
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
DAYUM ... I like it alot ... :biggthumpup:

:popc1:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
Hot dayum! What a great project, Matt! Keep us up to date on it! Sounds like you're making great progress! :biggthumpup:
I picked this up from a guy in nebraska, it didnt sell on its ebay auction. I saw it one day at work while killing time on the computer. I knew how rare it was and had to have it. I emailed him and made an offer. It cost almost as much as the truck to get it shipped to my work.
I have only driven it home from the dealership, I'm hoping to get the engine back together and drivable this fall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I love the "bump side" body style. But the crew cab is awesome. Your is rare, I don't think I've seen another crew cab short bed, only long beds with either a super or crew.
'72 TBA...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  State Transport (DOT) got me today SC74 27 4,918 12-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Last Post: BucknEB
  engine #2 firefighter2134 21 4,498 12-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Last Post: firefighter2134
  Engine/Tranny Shops UTfball68 7 1,374 04-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Last Post: trkbilder