Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heater core removal and a GIANT P.I.T.A
Well I thought I would fix the heat in the bronco. HMM..well after taking the whole heater box out and replacing the core with a new one and finally getting it all back together..the new core tubes hit the inner fender well. So I gently tweaked the tubes so I could get the hoses on and CRACK the fu*** tube came off in my hand. Damn Ford had a crappy idea when they engineered that. So I guess I"ll just ride around with a blanket and some paper towels to keep the windshield from fogging up. Anyone new a New heater core? Slight damage to lower tube. I want to have my OEM unit fixed..who does that locally?
77 Bronco, 5.0 Trick flow heads, roller motor, L&L headers, Protofab family cage, Protofab rear bumper w/ Tire and cooler carrier,Beard seats, Rhinoed tub,33" swampers, PSC ported steering box with soon hydraulic assist.
Are you taking about the tubes that are for the water flow? or the one that goes to the airbox?
depending on where the break ocurred a local radiator shop will probably be able to braze(sp?) it for you.
I think my rust is rusting...
I can't remember which mistake comes next...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FSB front rotor removal tapiot 18 5,709 04-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Last Post: bone collector
  Door removal SCNative 3 1,468 03-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Last Post: SCNative