Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring Harness
Anyone have any info on the centech wiring harness? I need to rewire my 68 this winter, it still has the original harness and it is starting to give me trouble. The Centech harness is $300 cheaper than the Painless.
I put in my 71 and it has been one of the best upgrades. its pretty simple all of the wires are well marked I would get the adapter for the ignition switch
well worth the money!
Life is short------drive your bronco everyday!
I installed a Centech 5-6 years ago. Went in easy, worked great from the beginning, with no problems. Did an EFI swap a couple of years ago and again no problems. It's a great upgrade.
'73 Bronco - trail modified
The centach harness is real nice product. The only thing to me that was disappointing was the fact that the directions lacked a wiring diagram but just coming from a couple of engineers. The only thing else we did was run all the grounds to the frame, and not the body.
68 Half cab
Thanks for the input. I have heard good things about the centech, and a couple of gripes about the painless. I think I will go with the centech.
i have the centech, love it...however-i wasnt impressed with the cheap looking ignition switch or wiper switch. i bought the adapter to reuse my stock ignition switch and wired my wiper switch(stock ford w/wiper delay) back in. i also reused the metal light sockets in the dash housing, cuz the replacement plastic ones from centech kept falling out and shorting against the backing of the dash. easy upgrade though..good luck,chuck
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
So what were the major gripes with the painless? I was thinking that I liked the look of the painless fuse panel and its expandability.

I don't have either, but I will be in the market for one or the other at some point here soon. Or I might just go get a big ol pile o' spools in different colors. :bdent:
'70 uncut, '74 ranger uncut, '78 custom, and '91 eddie bauer

I'll keep my freedom, my guns, my money...you can keep the change.:thefinger:
I guess the painless is the same harness used for the bronco, scout, and fj cruiser. The centech is specifically for the bronco. Just the directions are a little vague for the painless.
Luke: 68, 3.5" lift, 33s, 302 with cam, twin stick dana 20, custom exhaust.
That seems odd considering they worked with the members of classicbroncos.com on a redesign for the bronco last year. I've been gradually collecting info about the two, so I'm wanting to read all the feedback on both I can.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthr...p?t=119653
I have a buddy who has one in his 74, he said it was a little generic on instructions, and you really didnt need the 20 circuit fuse block. I guess it all depends on what u want. I figured if the centech was a good product why spend the extra $300 on the painless.
Luke: 68, 3.5" lift, 33s, 302 with cam, twin stick dana 20, custom exhaust.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rjm harness and drain on battery blazinchuck 1 736 11-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Broncitis
  5-point harness with 2" webbing? chuzie 6 1,164 01-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Last Post: abunchofidiots
  RJM 5.0 Harness Guys... blazinchuck 7 1,839 09-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Last Post: chuzie
  new wiring harness option? blazinchuck 6 1,358 08-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck