Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locker for TTB?
What do you guys think of Yukon's Spartan locker in a TTB? I've been having trouble with my lockrite, so I don't know if I'd recommend it.

the Spartan almost looks like a minispool to me, which would rock for with manual hubs.. Or should I just plan on a full spool and be done with it?

I know... I know, get rid of the TTB already, but work with me here.

Gumby, take notes on these replies... Your diff is next. :biggthumpup:
I assume this means the FS is not for sale anymore?
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Don't you worry I will be watching this one....I have been doing research on them after u told me about them. The only thing I am running into is no one has put it in anything bigger than a jeep. One forum I read said there hasn't been a lot sold and not to many people know about em yet. After I get off work I will send u the link and let u read it but I am guessing u already have.
I'm GUMBY DAM**T!!
i would like to see it, i know the lockrights...they are the best lunchbox IMO. made right here in SC, and can be rebuilt
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
SC74 Wrote:I assume this means the FS is not for sale anymore?

No bites, but if someone offers $, I'll reluctantly let her go. Gotta do a few repairs first, so I thought I'd ask about lockers (knowing that we're putting one into Gumby's rig next).

blazinchuck Wrote:i would like to see it, i know the lockrights...they are the best lunchbox IMO. made right here in SC, and can be rebuilt

Maybe I'll be surprised and find something small when I pull the cover off and look at the lockright... Gotta show some love to local parts builders. I know how you "love" YuCan't...
http://www.4x4review.com/Features/NewPro...fault.aspx

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/just-o...ws-819165/

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticles/d...ocker.html

ok here are the links to the info i have found out about the spartan
I'm GUMBY DAM**T!!
whats ur beef with the lockrites? i have on in my front and rear and never had an issue except when i installed on wrong once and sheared a pin. i am running 35s on D44 and 9". Just curious if I have something I should be worried about. Plus, we all know how much I like to get on the pedal.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
No big beef... It effed up on me when we were playing on top on the taurus last fall (both wheels were NOT turning)... Prolly something silly once I open it up and look. I didn't want to put a lockright in gumby's rig if the spartan was a better choice...

We'll see which we can find a better deal on...
sounds like a sheared pin.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
chuzie Wrote:sounds like a sheared pin.

I would've thought so too, but it looks like they both do turn some of the time (looking at vid), but who knows... I'll let you know what I see when I pull the cover...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Detroit Locker on E bay? Broncitis 6 1,346 05-06-2015, 11:50 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  TTB lift question jdowns67 7 2,183 11-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Last Post: broncomatt
  90 Bronco TTB Yoke Question 2000F150SAS 2 1,654 02-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Last Post: broncomania