Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exhaust backfire?
heres the problem I installed a bran new holley 4v and a edelbrock perfomer intake runs good but i have major backfire out of the exhaust when i let up on the gas ive checked the timing new plugs new wires new vacum lines i thought it was runing rich so i adjusted the mixture screws in as fars as i could so it would still run (2 turns from tight if that makes sense) but still major backfire any advice?
Life is short------drive your bronco everyday!
oh ya I forgot the timing advance port on the new carb has no suction is that alright?
if you have a vacuum guage hook it up to timing advance port on carb and set it to the guage. that should set your mixture right.
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
I dont have a vacuum gauge. are they expensive?
25 bucks
should that help with the backfire?
the vacuum guage will let you fine tune the mixture along with the timing. you can get it close with timing light. then use the guage to fine tune. is it taking all fuel when you burp the throttle or trying to stall out?
you can hit the throttle and it doesnt stall or stutter it seams to run good it just seams to be runing rich
i checked the timing and it was right on but a local guy told me to advance the timing a little that would help the backfire but I didnt notice any differance
set the mixture...with pulling the most vaccum as possible..., reset idle after adjusting,then check timing again.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5.0 vs 5.8 Factory Exhaust jrshepherd 1 2,624 09-30-2020, 02:47 PM
Last Post: broncomatt
  Single or Dual exhaust? Broncitis 6 1,776 05-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Broncitis
  Exhaust question Casey835 27 6,408 08-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  Help !!! Caused an exhaust leak johnpaulgolf 10 2,807 09-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Last Post: johnpaulgolf