Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing 5 1/2" lift........
Well I bought wild horses rear springs. A little tough to install. Now I need to rotate rear axle for better pinion angle. I got the 4 1/2 front springs. Also the track bar riser bracket. So I should have this done before the next meeting. Maybe.. I really just need to know if the caster is going to be ok. And I think the front drive shaft will be allright.
77 Bronco, 5.0 Trick flow heads, roller motor, L&L headers, Protofab family cage, Protofab rear bumper w/ Tire and cooler carrier,Beard seats, Rhinoed tub,33" swampers, PSC ported steering box with soon hydraulic assist.
Jeff, you might need some axle shims for the rear. The axle yoke needs to be almost in a perfect line to the shaft, just about 2 degrees below inline.

as for the front, what radius arms do you have and caster bushings are you running? You may need some better caster bushings to help with driving and drive shaft angles. If the caster isn't right it can be hard to steering, not return back to center when you turn and let go of the wheel,etc.Chuck
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Instead of buying those shims I bought some new axle perches. I'll just cut the old ones of and spin the axle and weld those new ones on. I think it will be better than taking those springs out. I had to use ratchet straps to stretch those springs in place. I don't want to go through that again. As far as the front I bought the 7degree bushing kit.
77 Bronco, 5.0 Trick flow heads, roller motor, L&L headers, Protofab family cage, Protofab rear bumper w/ Tire and cooler carrier,Beard seats, Rhinoed tub,33" swampers, PSC ported steering box with soon hydraulic assist.
Instead of buying those shims I bought some new axle perches. I'll just cut the old ones of and spin the axle and weld those new ones on. I think it will be better than taking those springs out. I had to use ratchet straps to stretch those springs in place. I don't want to go through that again. As far as the front I bought the 7degree bushing kit. Stock radius arms.
I just wanted to make sure everybody got that post. @##$@ Dialup!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Body lift issues dixieboyz13 4 1,103 09-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  lift opinions firefighter2134 12 1,773 04-26-2010, 06:55 AM
Last Post: firefighter2134
  My first ford lift. clarkjw24 7 1,437 08-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Last Post: clarkjw24
  tire sizes and lift krawlin 5 3 1,012 11-30-2008, 01:23 AM
Last Post: 69bronco