Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lift opinions
Ok guys I'm in market for a lift kit. I'm stuck between a wild horses lift and james duff lift. Is there any difference in the two? Thanks
Asiel
What are you planing on using the Bronco for ... ? Confusedcratchhe: ?

I have a Wild Horses 2 1/2 inch lift and 2" body lift ... Plenty of room for 36's but cut a bunch ... Confusedmokin:

More info on plans DD, 50/50 Trail/street , trailer queen, Drive it to the trails ect ect. :xyxthumbs:

:popc1:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
Prob bout 50/50 street trail. Its still open front and rear for the time being. I already have 2inch body lift . I want it to be very capable of doing some extreme things just not all of time. Gotta start somewhere though
I actually have 3 1/2 coils in the front and 2 1/2 leafs in the rear ... I think you can run 34-36" tires and be fine with this setup ... Get a "lockright" for the front and a mini spool or full spool for the rear ... the rear will be kinda hard on tires on the street when turning but its a "cheap" way to get locked ... with this set up (locked front & rear) your Bronco will SHOCK you where it will go. Maybe some others will chime in :biggthumpup:

:popc1:

I had actually planned on welding front end. I still have dana 30 up front
firefighter2134 Wrote:I had actually planned on welding front end. I still have dana 30 up front

If you weld the front you will not be able to turn ... ask me how I know :hysterical:

Ummm D30 will hurt ya off road with big tires ... just gotta be smart ... unless you can find a D44 cheap ... :rubeyes:

Got luck ... looking forward to hearing and seeing your progress! :biggthumpup:

I am not a fan of welding the front unless you are running a trailer queen. A lockrite is a great solution for locking and it does not reduce your ability to effectively turn as welding does.

BTW- when you do the lift be sure you get your front end geometry taken care of too. An adjustable trac bar and either a riser or drop bracket should be included to help recenter the axle to compensate for the lift.

If you don't you will be like me and have the axle shifted to the left and lose a significant amount of left turn capability (like 50%).

ordered my parts from WH the other day so my issue should be fixed once and for all next week cause i know how much everyone hates trailing behind me on the trail when i have to back up 20 times to make a 180.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
maybe im looking at this the wrong way then. maybe ill do an engine swap, axle upgrade then lift it..? i may have found a goldmine in that department..found an 83 F350 complete minus engine...it has np435? transfer case and complete axles.....horaaay..!! anyone with any opinions on this let me know i think i can grab whole truck for under 600..
It all boils down to what your going to do with your rig and where your going to put it. Your tire size will some what determine how much lift you will need. If your going to run the hardest trails and want to play on large obsticals than you will need larger (stronger axles), larger tires, lower gears, locking differentials. Welding the front spider gears is not realy good for turning or for keeping your axle joints and axle shafts intact.
If you are already planning on tons than a 4 link would be the way I would go.
Decide what type of wheeling you want to do, then you will know how many modifications you will need to do to get there.
Hope that helps some.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
if it's its a single rear wheel 1ton you don't want it !!!! but I would like the guy's phone number.....hehehe
I think my rust is rusting...
I can't remember which mistake comes next...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winch Reviews/Opinions Broncitis 18 2,486 06-30-2015, 11:20 PM
Last Post: chuzie
  4G alt weirdness?? opinions?? blazinchuck 6 1,211 01-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Last Post: SC74
  Body lift issues dixieboyz13 4 1,103 09-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  My first ford lift. clarkjw24 7 1,437 08-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Last Post: clarkjw24
  tire sizes and lift krawlin 5 3 1,012 11-30-2008, 01:23 AM
Last Post: 69bronco