Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nv3550
hey guys, worked out a deal to trade a guy my c4 for his nv3550...we are swapping everything to make it a easy for swap for both of us.

i still have the 5.0 flywheel i used with the np435. its the right balance for my motor.i even have the clutch and gear drive mini starter.

can i still use this with the 5sp swap?? i would use the stuff he's sending with the nv3550...but he has an older 28oz 302...i need 50oz stuff.

also any issues with james duff arms and this swap?

i think i will have to move my dual exhaust again...thinking of using the bcbroncos 2 into 1
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
fyi, i was talking to someone (can't recall who) about the BC exhaust. After seeing my race rig vs the BC kit, it sounds like you'd be better served to have a custom y pipe bent. That was their opinion. I haven't ever used or installed the BC kit.
flywheel is the same, clutch disc is different (uses the spline count of the new trans) you can use your pressure plate. the pair that we did we desined a hyd t/o bearing set up for it and it works well. the stock set up works also. be sure all your bushings in teh arms and pivots are good at install time.
a 1" body lift helps a bunch to clear the 1 cross member.

JD arms don't effect it. t/c might end up clocked slightly higher on the left side.
if your drive shafts are good now you'll be fine later.
twin stick take a bit of work but is eaily doable. easy way is to put a 1" access hole in side of the tunnel to bolt it together and plug it later.

i've used the b&m short throw shifter and it's very nice. you need to rework handle back slightly. i've also just fabbed our own..all comes down to what you want.

hth
N
broncosbybart Wrote:fyi, i was talking to someone (can't recall who) about the BC exhaust. After seeing my race rig vs the BC kit, it sounds like you'd be better served to have a custom y pipe bent. That was their opinion. I haven't ever used or installed the BC kit.

Chuck, after discussing this the other day, i went and looked at BC's pictures again, and thier exhaust definitely is gonna come back to the tcase before it crosses over to the pass side... i would plan on fabbing your own, which is what im gonna end up doing for my rig too. the only other good option for the trail is to fab up a nice skid that will protect everything, but i still think making you own y-pipe and tucking that thing up under the frame rails is the better option... Thanks for bringing that to my attention as well, i would have been upset had i found out the hard way... LOL
My Build Thread-
http://www.carolinabroncos.com/forums/sh...php?t=3919

You're gonna have to be more specific... 11/12/11
i know what you mean...thanks for the heads up Nick. i guess ill be trimming the floor and bracing for the swap...not installing body lift just yet. i did install a H pipe last night...got the exhaust sounding a lil better. but its all for nuttin, im sure none of it will work after the swap
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
I have the BC exhaust kit with their shorty headers on my 351W. I can take some pics if you want?
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
Crawdad Wrote:I have the BC exhaust kit with their shorty headers on my 351W. I can take some pics if you want?

yes please:notworthy: can you include the length and width of the magnaflow muffler please
I have a few pics already on here. This was one of my first build threads. Towards the bottom of page 1. http://carolinabroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3690
I did not use BCs MagnaFlo muffler, I bought mine from Advance Auto using their online discounts (plus free shipping). I purchased the biggest muffler MF made so I can get a "quieter" sound. Its not as quiet as I would have liked, but is quieter than age old glass packs! As you can see the MF is two-in-two-out. I've rigged up some exhaust parts to point down, getn awefully dizzy inside the cab while driving around Cootville.:puke: I can get you more pics and measurements later today or tomorrow (I'm off on Fridays).

My opinion its one of the best choices I made when I purchased the BC exhaust kit. I can remove it whenever I want. I got a quote of $200 to run all the way in back w/o muffler. I wanted to run the exhaust myself later down the road, plus the typical muffler these days are not to my likings.
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
so did you buy his headers and exhaust kit...but not his muffler? or did you get the complete kit and bought an extra muffler to use?
blazinchuck Wrote:so did you buy his headers and exhaust kit...but not his muffler? or did you get the complete kit and bought an extra muffler to use?

I bought his headers and exhaust kit only no muffler ($109 plus shipping). You can save some money by going to AdvanceAuto.com and order a muffler delivered to either home or local Advance Auto with free shipping. My muffler was like $100 & got free shipping to my house.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nv3550/clutch issues... blazinchuck 11 3,371 03-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  Quest for NV3550 dalelease 11 1,852 10-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Last Post: blazinchuck