Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB4x4 Hell Week**aka-Ultimate Adventure**
Moody and I have been talking bout this for years...how cool would it be to organize a week(7 days) just like Peterson's 4wheel ultimate adventure?

we figure, you must drive your rig, bring you're on spares/tools,and camping gear. set it up with the parks of interest(ie. URE,Gulches-rick rock is no more!, maybe GDI's spot, and even some further parks(GA,Al,etc...)

lets think bout this and come up with some ideas...what say you??Confusedmokin:

i know in order to do this we probably have a solid day of wheeling/camping that night-travel next day/camp...wheel/camp...etc

so this mean we would need parks within 6hrs of each other...i sure its gonna be more for some parks. would any of yall even consider something like this?? im not talking whole group...im talking 5-10 rigs
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
I like that, I have tried in the past to find small areas that could be done in a day but several days would be better. I can recomend a few places that are 50 miles apart but they are all in central FL. Possibly start up at URE and head down to the gulches, then down to fla? Perhaps there is a place in south georga on the way. Just an idea.
The other way could go north from SC to URE then up to Tenn (either kingston or coal creak), maybe then to gore Va? That would be harder with the weather and farther apart. I can speak for my self that a 3-4 day weekend would be best for my time off and cost perspective. Lets just say its possible.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sounds like fun! Pick the right time of the year, probably August to October range and I would be up for it. Would give me an excuse to finish the old bronco back half trailer project that has been sitting around for ever......
:xyxthumbs: ROCKNROLL!!
How about 4 places in 5 or 6 days. Start at Uwharrie, go to Gulches, then to Durhamtown Plantation (Union Point, Ga) then up to Beasley Knob (Blairsville, Ga). Down side it leaves everyone so far from home at the end. The sites aren't terribly far apart one at a time but the overall is pretty good.

Tim
74 Bronco Ranger halfcab w/toys: lockers f&r, wristed arm, C4, D20, hyd assist steering, 37"MTRs, warm 302. Capability, that's what I'm talkin' bout.
[Image: 2rwp56f.png]
thats sounds cool...never been to duram or beasely
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
I've heard that AL has a ton of places to ride. Sounds like several are within 3 hours of ATL (for reference).

Sounds like a lot of fun, but I just got a 'real job' and won't be able to swing the time.

The fewer rigs you have, the less potential for problems. Even just 'normal wheeling' with 10 rigs is usually very slow.
Gulches, towsend, harlan, ure and then we sneak into tellico. Im in!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
If you are going up that way, why not Windrock? No sense in going to Tellico. I found this page, which has about every park in the area that I can think of, along with their associated websites. Hope this gets the creativity flowing!

http://northgajeepers.com/forum/index.php?topic=2993.0
anyone been to beasely knob? not finding any great vids with challenging rocky terrain.

this is something we are looking at doing next year and would require some dedicate people and capable rigs.

if you think you are interested in a challenging ride like this...post up
I'm thinking

Sat - Travel to Park 1
Sun - Wheel Park 1
Mon - Travel to Park 2
Tue - Wheel Park 2
Wed - Travel to Park 3
Thr - Wheel Park 3
Fri - Travel to Park 4
Sat - Wheel Park 4
Sun - Travel Home

The other variation would be to make it a 3 Park event over the same period of time to allow for any contingency situation(s) that may arise.

Personally, 4 parks in 4 different states really appeals to me.

Step one is to solicit suggestions of parks within the states we feel are within an appropriate radius of NC/SC. Then we can begin to assess which parks offer what we are looking for and come up with a plan from there.

From my point of view, I think I prefer rocks over mud, so staying within the Appalachian range appears reasonable. Speaking with Chuck earlier, we both agree that seeing trails we have never been too would be a huge plus to the "unknown" aspect of this adventure.

Alabama
Georgia
Tennessee
Kentucky
West Virginia
Virginia
North Carolina
South Carolina

I think Pennsylvania is a bit of a stretch.

Let's try and generate an exhaustive list of parks in these states.

If you feel I have limited the radius and want to add some states, feel free to call my a pu$$y and provide your input.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CB4x4 FB page Broncitis 6 2,201 08-14-2015, 02:17 PM
Last Post: wepuckett
  Found this nice EB in Columbia this week! Crawdad 12 2,238 10-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  Happened to come across EB in Myrtle Beach last week Crawdad 0 1,103 09-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Crawdad