Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gonna need help in Hickory area
First order of business when I get home in June is to do a complete centech rewire, power steering, and power brakes. Wondering if anyone in the Hickory area would be available to help out. You will be re-imbursed via beer and burgers. I don't know much about wiring and it'd be reassuring to have someone there that is a little familiar with it.

Reply here or message me if you would like to come hang out, drink some beer (or whatever you'd like), eat some burgers, and maybe get a little work done on my Bronco.
The offer of beer and bbq stands if anyone wants to come help and work on my rig. Hell, even if you don't feel like getting greasy and just wanna talk shop and are in the area feel free to let me know! Beers/bbq are always on the table.

Anyways I'll finally be able to see what I need to do on my truck soon. Fly home in about 2 1/2 weeks and couldn't be more excited to start working on this thing. Or at the very least find out how badly my bank account will suffer!
I'm not quite local but might be able to make it up there one Saturday. Could help with wiring. It would probably be best to strip out the old stuff and take the dash out first. Get the new harness started on the dash, install the dash, and then wire up the remainder.

All the new wires are labelled. It'd be kinda hard to screw it up. It isn't a quick job though.

It'd be best to help out right before the dash was to go back in.
In the past we've done a wrenching day or 2. Not sure if you're up for hosting that, but it might be an idea if others want to join in.

I could always host here in Charlotte if you can trailer the Bronco down and back.
I could drive the Bronco down there to Charlotte. It drives really well. I'm only doing a re-wire to prevent future electrical problems. My 'big' projects at first are power brakes/front discs and power steering.

The wiring is 'okay' from what I know minus the headlight switch. I'd just prefer to get all new stuff in there for peace of mind. I may actually hold off a bit on the wiring though... we'll see what happens when I fly home.

I'm more than welcome to host a wrench day once I get everything at home sorted. I may be leaving the country again for a short while in a couple months though.
If you go to Charlotte I might be able to get up there and help. I too will be doing a wiring harness in my future so why not see what I might be getting myself into. I never thought I could rebuild a 650 carb but I did this past weekend. I don't want to brag yet bc I haven't installed it yet! Fingers crossed! It would be worth it to bring to Charlotte bc Charles has a garage built for early Broncos. The man has everything you could ever want in a Bronco garage!
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
I'm sure we can come up with something. I hope your carb works out! I'll be learning about carbureted engines as well. My only experience with them is on motorcycles.
depending on when I might can come help. I know general wiring and maintenance but my bronco experience hasnt been in perserving its factory styling.
Ben...........Big Dixie Boggers........www.MudProMetalworks.com
Newton! Right on. I'll probably be doing this in mid June, maybe earlier. Power steering, power brakes/front discs, will be done about the same time. Really just looking for a helping hand to teach me some things and guide me along. I can figure out most things on my own, but it'd be reassuring to have someone to show me the RIGHT way.
Just ordered Wild Horses H4 headlight kit w/ illuminator harness, Wild Horses power brake kit, Wild Horses Font Disc brakes upgrade Super Deluxe Kit, Wild Horses Power Steering kit w/ HD pump. Steering is a little loose so I'm gonna snoop around the linkages and see if it's that or steering column before I order.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISO trusted shop partner in Concord area Obeg 1 761 09-15-2016, 06:32 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  Myrtle Beach Conway, SC area wepuckett 14 6,044 08-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Last Post: wepuckett
  New guy here (Hickory, NC) jdcascio 8 4,522 04-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jdcascio
  NEED HELP (engine hoist) in Atlanta area. BucknEB 9 1,610 12-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Last Post: BucknEB
  Charlotte area Brohawk75 6 2,531 12-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  Anyone in the Charleston, SC area? 71Rig 9 3,033 06-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Last Post: chuzie