Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED HELP (engine hoist) in Atlanta area.
I'm going to pick up my new (to me) engine on Saturday and I need to find an engine hoist in the Atlanta area I can borrow or rent for an hour. Any ideas?

Chuck and I are driving up early Saturday morning in a friend's small 4cyl pick up that we have borrowed for the day. It's not an option to haul a hoist from Charleston and then drive home with engine and the hoist plus all the engine accessories. The pick up has some soft springs in the back and the engine doesn't need the added stress also.

My Brother in Law lives in Atlanta and he is searching his network of friends trying to help locate a solution, but so far he has not come up with anything. The guy I bought the engine from is also searching for a hoist but to no avail.

Any ideas folks? Thanks y'all.
This is what I have if you need it. a 4'x8' trailor and an engine hoist. if you need them let me know. My dad may allow yaw to borrow each that is if you are coming thru the Cola area. Hope it works out for ya!
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
Thanks Matt! But...I think we're looking for a solution that doesn't require us hauling all the extra weight there and back.

Anybody with any Atlanta connections?
Just a thought...

There's a bunch on CL for sale. I'd email a couple of them asking to "rent" it from them... I know that I'd let someone borrow mine for a few bucks, if I had it listed in the area.

If not, is renting a small Ryder truck and bringing the hoist a viable option?
JayT Wrote:Just a thought...

There's a bunch on CL for sale. I'd email a couple of them asking to "rent" it from them... I know that I'd let someone borrow mine for a few bucks, if I had it listed in the area.

If not, is renting a small Ryder truck and bringing the hoist a viable option?

That's a good idea JayT.

I checked on the small Ryder/U-haul/Penske trucks as an option. The prices would be as much, if not more as the engine, by the time I paid the rental fee, mileage charges, and gas. I'm just looking for the cheapest and most convenient way of pick this up.
homeade 2x4 contraption ?? - cheap and you can make it on site, unless you want to turn it over and pull the pan etc.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Just throwin this out there.....Would ya'll wanna use my Z71. Gives you more space and super comfortable seats. Just have to pay more in gas, though. Just an idea.....let me know. I'll need a bronco to drive (besides mine) in trade. But u wreck...u buy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
79 FS 351M, Trac loc HPD44, Detroit 9", 4.56's, 37 Toyo's, 17" Helo Maxx 6
2 thoughts.

i have a folding engine hoist. it can't weigh more than 100 lbs. if you have one available and can fit it in the back of the truck, bring it. it won't hurt the truck any. i drove a 4 cyl s10 around for a long while. the hoist won't make or break it, but it will make an otherwise impossible job possible.

the other thought is to contact shon. he lives in the ATL area. can't remember if he has a hoist or not.
Thanks Charles, I'm considering this option as well. The one that Chuck has looks like it was designed to pull a diesel out of a front end loader. :rubeyes: that thing is huge.

I'm planning on going to buy an engine stand from Harbor Freight $, or maybe Northern Tool $$ today. I'll take a look at the lifts while I'm there.
jollygrngiant Wrote:Just throwin this out there.....Would ya'll wanna use my Z71. Gives you more space and super comfortable seats. Just have to pay more in gas, though. Just an idea.....let me know. I'll need a bronco to drive (besides mine) in trade. But u wreck...u buy!

That's awesome Brian! Thanks for the offer! I'm still weighing our options, I'll let you know ASAP.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISO trusted shop partner in Concord area Obeg 1 763 09-15-2016, 06:32 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  Driving from Northern California to Atlanta , Ga. shon 14 1,833 11-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Last Post: shon
  Myrtle Beach Conway, SC area wepuckett 14 6,050 08-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Last Post: wepuckett
  Gonna need help in Hickory area jdcascio 14 2,760 06-23-2014, 10:27 PM
Last Post: jdcascio
  Cradle for temporary engine storage wormhole 4 872 03-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Bronco Biff
  Charleston, SC engine builders ncsubronc 4 1,693 06-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Last Post: ncsubronc
  Found BucknEB in Atlanta!!!! NGABronco 6 1,808 02-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Last Post: scbronco
  Charlotte area Brohawk75 6 2,534 12-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  Engine and transmission replacement from a Explorer Shark 30 3 1,080 04-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Bighorn
  Engine Swap...wanna help UTfball68 4 2,229 09-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Last Post: UTfball68