Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URE work day- Sat May 21, 2016
Who all will be there?

Not exactly sure what we will do yet. Dutch John is looking pretty good. I can think of an area that we could put up some posts/rails to block a bypass. We could probably fill in that mud hole with some more rock too. Everything else looked good last go-round. Anyone have thoughts or comments? Post up if you want to go or have any input. Look forward to seeing you there, and as always- thanks for helping keep it open!!!

OH, and if the weather is nice and the trails are in good shape, I'd like to hit Daniel afterward as it has been forever since I've been up the ledges.
As usual I should be there. Daniel Hmmmmm, I have never seen the ledges. Reckon I could winch my junk up it. As far as picking up that much rock better be careful the snakes are out in force around here.
True that about snakes. Saw a couple copperheads around here this week.

I don't think you'd have to winch up Daniel as long as it's dry but it's been a while since I've seen it so who knows. Figure it is time to ride it. I'm worried about it getting shut down. I doubt that would happen anytime soon but even so, I'd like to ride it.
I should be there, but I'm kind of skeered of Daniel.

Nick
'73 Bronco - trail modified
1 more week til the workday. looking forward to some time on the trails. Who wlse is planning to be there?
I will let you know later in the week if I can make it as I started a job Friday, still not sure of my schedule for weekends but weekdays 2nd shift.
Thanks for keeping the dialogue going. I got this email from Terry. Sounds like we might need to do guardrail again. I will PM the CTB and the Landcruiser groups to see if they will have it covered, as these are their adopted trails. Will post back when I hear from them. Hope this doesn't scare anyone off and I hope it is a day like today!

Congrats on the job William!

Hi Everyone – Our next work day is May 21st at 9 am at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp. Now last month was a very large disappointment because nobody showed up to volunteer. A few of the CROC members did show up late in the day and met up with me on the trails and they did some work the rest of the day.

We really need your help to complete the barricading of Daniel and Falls Dam Trails. We need to complete the work this year before October so if we can complete the installation of the guardrail in May & June we’ll also be able to meet the requirement of spreading the straw mulch in several areas by our deadline of September 30th. We’ll have the straw mulch for the June work day.

Rodney & I will meet you all at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9 am on Saturday, May 21st. We’ll be finishing installing guardrail on Daniel Trail and then we’ll be taking guardrail and posts from Daniel over to Falls Dam Trail and on Forest Road 516/Falls Dam Trail. If you have vehicles or trailers that can go on the trails to haul posts and drag guardrail please bring them. We’ll be installing signs and pick up trash too.

There is still some rock at the Dutch John Trailhead and we can use some more of it moved to the blind curve on ****ey Bell Trail. If anyone is coming up that has a vehicle or trailer that can haul rock and take it up ****ey Bell Trail we could have a group work on that.

I hope to see you on May 21st. Thanks a lot for your continued support and help. Bye - Terry
Looks liike the trails will be muddy for sure. The are calling for rain everyday this week and I think 60% Saturday.
Yeah, let's see what happens. I won't be there if it's pouring rain. Looks like there will be enough people at this one to do the major work, but we still might be most effective helping out as needed.
Im on the fence it just depends if the tow pig gets back from the body shop in time for this weekend.
68 Half cab

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  URE workday Sat March 25 broncosbybart 17 5,474 05-22-2018, 09:39 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  Sat Feb 25 URE Workday broncosbybart 4 1,979 02-26-2017, 01:57 PM
Last Post: snipes243
  January 2017 URE Workday broncosbybart 6 2,347 02-16-2017, 01:47 AM
  Remembering Deborah Walker and Rendezvous Meeting Sat Dec 10 broncosbybart 2 1,313 12-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Last Post: nhopman
  Roll call- Oct 22 URE workday broncosbybart 15 4,710 10-23-2016, 12:13 PM
  URE Work Day - July 16 2016 nhopman 16 4,313 07-18-2016, 10:03 PM
  URE March 19-20, 2016 Work Day nhopman 45 10,712 04-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Last Post: wepuckett
  Feb 20 URE winter workday broncosbybart 39 9,418 02-24-2016, 10:16 PM
Last Post: mrwarner44
  URE Winter Workday Jan 23 broncosbybart 34 7,405 01-31-2016, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Broncitis
  Dec 12 2015- URE trail run and Rendezvous Meeting broncosbybart 22 6,402 12-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Last Post: chuzie