Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URE Work Day - July 16 2016
Who's up for it?

Figuring it will be hot and dusty but I'd still like to get out for a day and might as well get some credit for showing up and do a little bit of work as well. Hopefully it will be mostly some trash pick-up and minor maintenance to the stream crossings. Basically want to use it as an excuse to do some trail riding and have some time to survey our trail to plan heavier work days for this fall.

So, I ask again - who's up for it.

Nick
'73 Bronco - trail modified
July 16th is a Thursday or weekday so I can't make it, kinda limited to weekends now and only then if I don't have to work Saturday. Working life kinda sucks but hey in a couple months I will start having some bronco money woohoo.
wepuckett Wrote:July 16th is a Thursday or weekday so I can't make it, kinda limited to weekends now and only then if I don't have to work Saturday. Working life kinda sucks but hey in a couple months I will start having some bronco money woohoo.

You do realize this is 2016 not 2015.
July 16, 2016 is the 3rd. Saturday.
Lmao I was looking at June not July, loopy.
Well if you look at the 2015 calendar the 16 falls on Thursday as well.

They must be working you too hard.
I'll be off the continent til the 13th. If the plane trip doesn't kill me, I'll plan on it!

I haven't gotten an email from Terry with the project list but will post it if/when I get one. Your idea sounds good to me though, Nick.
Or it could just be the heat a machine shop with no A/C, I have cut out Mountain Dew and switch to Gatorade.
So trading one sugar packed / chemical laden drink for another?Try water dude. You will live longer.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Well, we made it back home in one piece. The workday got moved to Sunday. What do you guys want to do? Here is the 'official' email:

Hi Everyone – There has been a change in plans for this weekend. The work day has been moved to Sunday, July 17th at 9 am at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp. Jeepers United & Triad Jeep Club will be leading this work day instead. The date changed to accommodate many of the off road community that want to participate in the ride across NC to show support for the Law Enforcement Officers. A large event was quickly organized for July 16th and many of the OHV volunteers have said that they wanted to show their support for the Law Enforcement Community in NC by doing the ride to Raleigh. Jeepers United (Marc Holbert) & Triad Jeep Club (Bo Rosa) said that they would then take care of the rest of the mulching that needs to be done on Daniel Trail & ****ey Bell Trail. I’ve attached an updated map with the sites 1F & 2B highlighted and the sites that are done are X’d out. All of the straw bales (56) will be at the barn at UORTC. Only need to do 1F and 2B this weekend. The archaeologists need to do some more surface collection & survey work on site 2C before we mulch that site more. We’ll probably mulch more there in August or September.

If you’re still able to volunteer for the mulching work and can do it on Sunday, July 17th instead then please meet up at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9 am.

Marc & Bo – I’ve attached a sign-up sheet you can print out a couple of them to sign folks up and send in to me later. If anyone needs a trail pass our campground host at Arrowhead Campground (Lea Blackwell) will have them and they can sign one out from her.

Lea – You can use the attached sign-up sheet for the trail passes. Just put the pass # you give them in the club name box. Thanks a lot. I appreciate your help. I’m not sure if anyone will need a pass or not. Most people seem to have annual passes now.

Bye - Terry
Sunday's actually tend to work better for me know with work, what would be the plan for us and who all would be planning on going?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  URE workday Sat March 25 broncosbybart 17 5,474 05-22-2018, 09:39 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  Sat Feb 25 URE Workday broncosbybart 4 1,976 02-26-2017, 01:57 PM
Last Post: snipes243
  January 2017 URE Workday broncosbybart 6 2,347 02-16-2017, 01:47 AM
  Roll call- Oct 22 URE workday broncosbybart 15 4,708 10-23-2016, 12:13 PM
  URE work day- Sat May 21, 2016 broncosbybart 17 4,082 05-21-2016, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Bronco Biff
  URE March 19-20, 2016 Work Day nhopman 45 10,710 04-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Last Post: wepuckett
  Feb 20 URE winter workday broncosbybart 39 9,417 02-24-2016, 10:16 PM
Last Post: mrwarner44
  URE Winter Workday Jan 23 broncosbybart 34 7,404 01-31-2016, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Broncitis
  Dec 12 2015- URE trail run and Rendezvous Meeting broncosbybart 22 6,401 12-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Last Post: chuzie
  URE Trails Wishlist - December 12, 2015 nhopman 17 4,190 11-25-2015, 11:05 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck