Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I may have another!
I'm working on a trade deal to bring home a 78 bronco. I had a 79 with a 77 grill I had to sell to pay for my crew cab. I have been wishing I had it still for logging work. The eb is great off road but it doesnt have the weight to realy drag a pile of logs up a hill. Mine is also not desined for that. More of a prerunner.
It probably wont have a title, but I will continue to work on that.
I'll keep posting if as it comes together.
broncomatt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i think I would like to see a '79 with a '77 grill :lol:
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
You can never have enough spare vehicles :lol: ...

So does it have a 351M? C6 or NP435?
Not sure of what it has yet, deal is slow moving. Hoping to make it all happen over this weekend. I think it has a bad ignition box, which i have a few spares for. I havent even seen it yet Confusedhock:
This black bronco is my 79
broncomatt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
wow, cant believe I was so retarded...I was thinking you had a '79 with a '77 bronco grill installed :oops:
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Its so funny you said that, I was on a road test and saw a 77pu and relized what you had been asking. I realy liked my black 79, and hated selling it. I just needed to recup the expence of buying the crew cab just before buying our house.
I am hoping to see it go threw this weekend.
broncomatt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
anymore news on this Matt?
I finally have taken delivery of this 78 bronco. It has no title, so that will be a problem. But it runs, drives and the body isnt too bad.
I mostly plan to use it for yard work, but since liz likes it so much I may try to find a title for it. I can drive it some on my dealer tag from work(not realy suppost to, but whats life with out some advetures).
It is actuly in better shape (body wise) than my 79 bronco that I sold.
First thing to do is swap out the tires(my spare set of 33's) and change all the fluids. I may even blast the rust off and treat it for now.
I have to admit, I do like the full size. Well see where this go's. Big Grin
Broncomatt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is how it looks cleaned up and with decent tires.
Still need an oil pan, fluids changed, sway bar links, and an ignition switch.
Other than that it isnt too bad.
broncomatt[Image: gallery2.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1304]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
looks pretty good man!! I like it
Brian :mrgreen:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
79 FS 351M, Trac loc HPD44, Detroit 9", 4.56's, 37 Toyo's, 17" Helo Maxx 6