Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Snow Ball
thanks for the info. i was able to get the lift on Friday night and now the hood closes :rockon:

[Image: lift.jpg]

it turns out that yes i do have the 2pc type. i disconnected the shaft from the steering box, thinking it would back out if it needed to. well, that wasn't the right move because the “rag joint” connecting upper and lower shafts together got too much pressure and bent. guess i should have slotted the column mount plate. :headslap:

[Image: joint-1.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
when i done mine the steering wasnt in it then i replaced with complete steering column kit. it would have been better to take the bolts loose on column bracket and that would have allowed the column to move where it needed
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
A good time to upgrade to a flaming river joint.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just ordered the custom lower joint from WH with the flaming river joint. OK, this project should probably be officially renamed Project Avalanche :toothy12:

The wife is on to me based upon her review of last month's credit card statement. :doh3: :paper:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
you should be able to change the thread title (which i think is cool lol) if ya have problems..lemme know, ill be glad to do it for ya
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
We got the drive shafts and shifter kit installed last night. My lower steering shaft is arriving from WH today. Getting closer!

Does anyone have experience removing the flange that's attached to the end of the upper steering shaft? I need to remove it before I install the new lower shaft. It looks like it was pressed on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Installed the new clutch rod and the lower steering shaft. I was able to get the old flange off the upper shaft with a wheel puller.

[Image: photo29.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dayum that looks good....doing great man! keep it up!
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
FANTASTIC :biggthumpup:

Trey your Bronco is really shaping up to be even more badazz :notworthy:

Just one thing I saw is that those brake lines should not be touching the inner fenders or it could vibrate enough over time to wear a hole in them and then no brakes. :rubeyes:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
johnpaulgolf Wrote:Just one thing I saw is that those brake lines should not be touching the inner fenders or it could vibrate enough over time to wear a hole in them and then no brakes.

10-4 on that JP, thanks :xyxthumbs:

I fired it up last night and it's roaring!! :toothy12: ... especially with no exhaust pipes or mufflers :hysterical: Planning to get those installed tomorrow.

If anyone has recommendations on exhaust, give me a shout. I'm thinking of having them exit in front of the rear tires. I seem to recall someone saying that's the best position to reduce fumes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project "Big Country" - Front Bumper Fab SC74 458 63,903 01-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Last Post: SC74
  Project Mall Crawler broncosbybart 11 3,447 12-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Last Post: SC74
  My 70 Sport Project..."Nothin' Fancy" ncsubronc 11 3,077 10-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ncsubronc