Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vibration?
I have a vibration when I get up to 50mph I had the tires balenced any ideas
the tire shop guy said its my slip joint on my rear drive shaft. what do you guys think?
Life is short------drive your bronco everyday!
it could be, but still sounds like tires to me. claw under there and try to wiggle the drive shafts...see if there is a lot of play there...check all the u-joints. does the vibration go away after hitting 50? rotate the tires and see if that changes it too.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
the faster I go the worse it gets I'll get under there and check it out. thanks chuck
Make sure that all of your wheel nuts are tight first.:biggthumpup: Because I seen that you have aluminum rims and the wheel nuts are bad to come loose on them and you have to keep them tight. The other could be a bad U Joint. Just my two cents. Let use know what you find out.:xyxthumbs:
I checked the lugs and the u joints there all good but the slip joint is loose. this is a recent problem and the slip joint has been like that for a while. I'll keep looking. Confusedcratchhe:[tomorow]
What kind of "vibration"? are we talking "death wobble", which would tell me ball joints or tires/lugs (or both) like mentioned above, or driveline vibration (felt in your seat, not steering wheel)... the latter would tell me u-joints... but you say that they're all good... Confusedcratche:
its a tight shake if that make sense it feels like the tires. I,m going to go do some more investegating right now.
If you can, do what Chuck suggested, rotate your tires. If it is tires, the vibration should come back at a different speed, probably lower. If the vib doesn't change, at least you've eliminated one item on your list. Next go to the driveline and remember a vibration comes from something that moves. :xyxthumbs:
Psalms 27:1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I rotated the tires and greased the drive shaft still shakes so put the rear on jack tsands and it still shakes so it has to be in the rear. I did take the rear drum apart last week to fix my emergency cable but I put it all back correctly
could that have anything to do with it?
Probably not unless you knocked a balancing weight off the drum. Not likely! Check all the joints from tranny back. Look for slop and or looseness. Engage tranny with rear-end on jack stands, foot on brakes. See if there is slippage any where. :xyxthumbs:
Psalms 27:1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Radius arm bushing cause of grinding/vibration sound? 1st Bronco 7 1,758 09-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  Rear end vibration 73Bronc 12 2,995 11-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Last Post: cam coffee
  Vibration after 60mph cavscout 8 1,641 10-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Last Post: broncomatt