Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
properly mounting a seat belt?
I have a four point belt for my new seats and the mounting hardware looks like it is made to bolt to the floor. I know that the mounting angle for the shoulders is critical for safety.

I intend to have a crossbar installed on my roll bar just behind the seats to obtain the correct angle for the belts but this mounting hardware has me wondering how to properly attach it.

The shoulder straps are super long so is it typical to loop the belt around the crossbar once and then mount it to the floor or does it just need to be mounted directly to the crossbar regardless?

This was a great site (http://www.sfifoundation.com/seatbelt.html ) but does not answer my question.
Thx.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
I found a great article about seat belts on Pirate when I bought and installed them. billavista has other articles on seatbelts also, but this is a good overall one. It all depends on what hardware you got. I think in your case it will be best to attach the shoulder belts directly to your cross bar, whether it be by a bolt-on bracket or looping it. HTH.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
This (http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista...s_install/) is the second half of that first article. Great stuff. Thanks!!!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool Squealing SERP belt!!! Out of ideas chuzie 2 2,491 01-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Last Post: chuzie
  Fold & Tumble Rear Seat Pup 4 1,139 10-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Pup
  Wild Horses 3 point Seat Belts JimR 5 1,302 04-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Errorhead
  90 Bronco Timing Belt question cwdanie 5 1,492 01-03-2009, 02:44 AM
Last Post: lobo1117