Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lisa's '77 Upgrades
When we got the '77, it didnt have any door mirrors and the rear view was worn out. So, today I swapped in a nicer rear view w/map lights(wired to come on with interior lights). Went to the LKQ looking for side mirrors, so I found a sweet mirror thats close to the stock look, but its a manual remote style from a crown vic(mid to late '80s) even the pass side has a cable remote thats long enough to mount the switch near the driver side...but that would make it impossible to remove the doors come summer. Needless to say, I found 2 pass side mirrors, but each had one stubborn screw that stripped out on each mirror...so I left them there.

of coarse..once I marked the tiny hole locations for the switch inside the cab...I got it a lil crocked, so I will have to fix that-but no biggie:banghead:

also found and grabbed two wiper delay switches...that come from mid '80s ford F series trucks. these are awesome, they have the same harness plug as EB's except they have a black control box and extra ground wire. so a simple swap out, and hook up the ground wire...Wahlaaa....delayed wipers:toothy12:

the switches were $6...better than those selling on ebay for $30:xyxthumbs:

Attached Files Image(s)

77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
nice! i like those mirrors... and the wiper delay will be a nice mod too...
Good find for sure on the wiper switches.
tonight I got the new stereo wired up...and a amp/subwooferConfusedmokin:

now the 77 can rock out!!!!:chili:
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
took a while, but I finally got the fuel gauge working right now on the '77. had to remove the BCBronco 25 gal tank and confirm the sender works(70-10oms) then double checked the Auto Meter Pro-Comp fuel gauge (73-0oms).

got everything all hooked up, found another bad ground(fixed that) and filled it up...and we have a good working fuel gauge now.
i had a jeep years ago that had a bad fuel guage, had to go everywhere with a 2 gallon gas can in the back. i cant count how many times i ran out... i was young and didnt know how to fix it. i really have come along way since then...Confusedupergrin:
scbronco Wrote:i had a jeep years ago that had a bad fuel guage, had to go everywhere with a 2 gallon gas can in the back. i cant count how many times i ran out... i was young and didnt know how to fix it. i really have come along way since then...Confusedupergrin:

yeah, i know what ya mean..it will be nice not having to drop $10 every day we wanna take it out for a drive lol
Nice!!! Still think banging on the tank and calibrating your ear is the better way to go. Gauges are for wusses!!!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
chuzie Wrote:Nice!!! Still think banging on the tank and calibrating your ear is the better way to go. Gauges are for wusses!!!

im just picturing you doing that in a C-17 at 30000+Confusedupergrin:Confusedupergrin:
Thats funny scbronco! :hysterical:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5.0 EFI upgrades? blazinchuck 4 1,318 07-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Last Post: nhopman
  Front D44 Ring/Pinion and upgrades scbronco 17 2,601 12-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Last Post: scbronco
  recent upgrades and repairs thread broncomania 50 7,540 04-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Last Post: chuzie