Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URE Fall Run 2012?
So, ive got just under half a year left before i can get back to Sick Pony, and finish her off. Hopefully the parts list is complete, and she will be on the road shortly after my return. That being said, i may need to have a wrenchfest/turn n' burn type deal to ensure this... Here are some of the biggies that need to get done...

Finish refurbing the Half Cab i got (a good bit of fab work)
Build custom half cab bulhead to work with my cage (even more fab work)
Install Headers, and Exhaust
Install Power Steering conversion including shaft
install power brake booster and bleed everything
install entire fuel system
reupholster two stock buckets
finish up loose electrical connections(not much, but may need a properly wired stockish bronco to get it right)
Install entire cooling system and fill
Install Windows and seals in doors

Thats pretty much it, other than surprises(which I expect)

So, this is really just a feeler, none of the required parts have been purchased yet, but will be waiting on me upon my return... Who's interested? I'm willing to supply Beer adn 2 meals, and some recreational BS n' Brews afterward!

I know after this event, i will still have bugs to work out before driving her to URE, so i wanna get her at least running and roadworthy so i have a couple moths for any surprises to present themselves before the trip.

Post up with comments and suggestions! BTW it needs to be sometime between late July and September 1st... eeeessh! sorry!
My Build Thread-
http://www.carolinabroncos.com/forums/sh...php?t=3919

You're gonna have to be more specific... 11/12/11
sounds good to me! id be down for helping.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
if im in town im in too.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Count me in as well. Try to give me as much of a notice as possible when you plan to schedule this. :xyxthumbs:
sweet! Ill post up a solid date about a 45 days out, adn we can tweak form there... Thanks Guys!!!
My Build Thread-

i'm in. you want to bring it all up here, or do it at your place? my first suggestion would be to do the fab work on your own, that way you can have it done the way you want it done. The other stuff (mechanical stuff) can be done any which way and would be fine.

The exhaust is going to be tricky, unless it was in before and will still fit. That is quite a hefty list, but we can knock a good bit of it out :xyxthumbs:
i like doing exhaust work lol
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
The fab work isnt as bad as i may have made it sound, me and one other coudl knock it out handily...

I'm pretty sure im gonna go with the BC exhaust, just cuz i really like the headers, but i might look at modifying the exhaust to protect it better... jsut have to see what it looks like when it shows up...

Its really jsut the kind of stuff that multiple hands could make quick work of... bumpers and stuff like that will definitely be on me later, not during the wrenchfest...

and even if it doesnt get completely finished, i really just want the motor to fire, and have the steering and brakes done, so i can drive it around while i finish the rest...

The biggest "what if" still lurking is the potential issue with the flywheel/harmonic balancer match/mismatch... im not sure if the flywheel is correct, and the balancer that is installed came on the motor, but the motor was hooked up to an auto before i got it. everything is already bolted up, and in the Bronco, so the worst case scenario is i have to pull the engine again... fortunately, i modified the whole front clip to come off, so pulling the engine would be a quick task... If this is the case, the list above will lose all the fab work items and focus purely on getting her running correctly.

I think i need to get the number off the engine, and find out what it came from and what flywheel should be used. i dont even know which flywehel is in it honestly, i didnt realize any of this was a potential issue, until i read Doug's thread about his engine rebuild issues...

Anybody got any insight, so i can reference this when i get home to look?
My Build Thread-

found this,

All SBF (221/260/289/302/351 both C&W) are externally balanced. All flywheels will interchange & physically bolt on. The only "gotcha" is in late '79 or so, Ford changed the balance factor from 28oz to 50oz.

if this is true, adn my 351 proves to be pre-79 then the Flywheel form my 302 should work.

however, if the 351 is post 79 (doubtful) then i need a 50 oz flywheel. supposed ly the flywheel that came with my trans (JPG) came off a roller motor, but noone seems to really know for sure... how can i identify the flywheel wieght of that flywheel? part number, some kinda stamp, location? any clues?
My Build Thread-

that info is not correct. do you have a 351W in it? i can't remember. if you do, the early 302 (28 oz) flywheel will work. all 351's are 28oz. The only engines that are 50 oz are the 80's and up 5.0's. sounds like you will be fine.

i've heard good and bad about the BC exhaust. i had a local exhaust shop fab up my 2 into 1 on the racer. They charged about the same price and it is tucked nicely out of the way. I think a normal price on doing some work like that would be $500 though, unless you can find a deal w/someone reputable.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Interest in doing a URE trail ride Saturday the 23rd or 30th? Broncitis 24 4,102 04-27-2016, 08:46 AM
Last Post: snipes243
  36 Hours of URE broncosbybart 54 6,681 09-05-2015, 11:35 AM
  URE volunteer roster info needed (member names) ASAP! broncosbybart 7 1,432 06-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Last Post: rtj731
  State of the Union at URE broncosbybart 2 1,354 12-19-2014, 11:33 PM
Last Post: chuzie
  NOVRUN@URE 2013 pics jac77 8 1,888 11-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  6th Annual November Run - Photo Pucket Link UTFLIWGYA 1 1,430 11-13-2011, 11:00 PM
Last Post: chuzie
  It does run snipes243 5 1,535 10-18-2011, 10:03 PM
  Fall build abunchofidiots 5 1,898 10-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Last Post: abunchofidiots
  what exhaust and pipes should I run brewie212 4 1,170 05-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Last Post: trkbilder
  Finally washed the URE mud off my Bronco chuzie 4 1,052 04-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Last Post: trkbilder