Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URE Winter Workdays 2015
Should be scheduled for the 3rd Saturday of every month (Jan 24- Per Terry, Feb 21, March 21). These are heavy workdays where we usually get a good bit of work done.

On our trail (Dutch John), our major area of concern is the long log crossing right before the big hill climb near the end of the trail. The bridge is in need of repair. After conversing with Terry, she wants us to remove the bridge like we did to the other two last year and fill them in with rock.

I know we can get the bridge removed in one work day. The next few we can concentrate on filling/armoring it like we did last year. The biggest problem here is that there isn't a whole lot of rock right nearby. Snappy has volunteered the use of his Humvee style trailer but we'd need a rig to pull it with. Does anyone want to volunteer to do that? I know Nick H and I both don't have trailer hitches. The trailer uses a pintle hook attachment for a 2" receiver and Snappy has the attachment. We just need to provide a good rig setup for towing.

Figured I'd start this early so we don't have to listen to Chuzie moan about the lack of advance warning. The first day is 1.5 months away. It is a good time. We aren't slave drivers. Come on out even if you don't have an off-road vehicle. We can provide an empty seat to get out there and back.

For those new to the work days, they go from 9am to 2-3pm. Lunch is usually provided. Please bring warm clothes, boots, gloves, water and a snack or two. We will be out in the woods. A few things to help us out would be a crow bar or two (4+ ft long). Hopefully Clay can bring his battery powered cutoff wheel. I know Snappy has already started a 'build thread' on NC4x4 for his Brunswick stew that he is doing in Jan. We meet at the Eldorado Outpost between 8:30am-8:45am here:

4021 N Carolina 109, Troy, NC 27371

It will be kind of hard to miss the early Broncos. They usually draw a crowd Big Grin

Please plan to attend one or more if you can. We'd love to have you and can use all the help we can get. Quick disclaimer- we will be there even if it is cold. If it is raining, we will plan to skip the day. If you have any questions on attendance a day or 2 before a work event, feel free to PM me.
Bringing this back to the top, first work day is this Saturday.
68 Half cab
...made some circulation by one of the Bronco brothers up here via facebook. I'm going to try and do 2/21 or 3/21.....can't make this one
:xyxthumbs: ROCKNROLL!!
I can't make this Saturday. I'm hoping to make it up there for 2/21 or 3/21 also. It'll be another trip like the last where I'll speed up there in the car and hop a ride.
'76 Sport. 5.0 EFI b303 cam, Trickflow intake, Explorer Serp, long tube headers, BCB exhaust, C4,D20, twin sticks, TBP roll cage, 3"SL 2"BL, 33 KM2's
Sounds pretty good
68 Half cab
Thanks for the input guys!

Well, with all the rain we are going to get rained out for tomorrow. We can use all the help we can get for the Feb or Mar workdays. We will have to do 3 days of work in 2 days. It is doable and the more we have helping, the better it will be!!
Might be wrangling some extra backs. Ken that came down with me for the November run and my baby brother expressed interest in tagging along and helping out.
The next workday will be Feb 21. For those that have expressed a desire to help out in Feb or March, can you post up with a definite on when you plan to come? We have a fair bit of work to do in 2 workdays. It is doable but we will just need to plan things out in advance. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for the remaining winter workdays. Looking forward to getting out there and getting some work done and having some fun as well!

Tools needed will be a battery powered cutoff wheel (Clay?)

Couple shovels (I'm good for 1)

Couple of large crow bars (I'm good for 1)

We could probably use a few wheel barrows too.

Again, the plans are to tear out the large wooden crossing nearest the hill climb. It is in a bit of a gully. We have re-constructed the 'bridge' a few times now but the plan is to remove it and fill the stream crossing in with loose rock. There isn't a ton of rock in the immediate area. We could probably use 1 rig dedicated to running to the base of the hill climb and gathering rock from there and bringing it to the stream crossing. There should be enough rock between that spot and immediately near by the stream crossing to fill it in.
Dang!! Sounds like we could use a pickup truck or small trailer with big ground clearance.
Trailer is an option. Snappy has one we can use.

Who all is planning to attend the Feb workday? It is coming up in 1.5 weeks!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  URE workday Sat March 25 broncosbybart 17 5,628 05-22-2018, 09:39 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  Sat Feb 25 URE Workday broncosbybart 4 2,030 02-26-2017, 01:57 PM
Last Post: snipes243
  January 2017 URE Workday broncosbybart 6 2,425 02-16-2017, 01:47 AM
  Roll call- Oct 22 URE workday broncosbybart 15 4,847 10-23-2016, 12:13 PM
  URE Work Day - July 16 2016 nhopman 16 4,482 07-18-2016, 10:03 PM
  URE work day- Sat May 21, 2016 broncosbybart 17 4,242 05-21-2016, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Bronco Biff
  URE March 19-20, 2016 Work Day nhopman 45 11,015 04-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Last Post: wepuckett
  Feb 20 URE winter workday broncosbybart 39 9,700 02-24-2016, 10:16 PM
Last Post: mrwarner44
  URE Winter Workday Jan 23 broncosbybart 34 7,638 01-31-2016, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Broncitis
  Dec 12 2015- URE trail run and Rendezvous Meeting broncosbybart 22 6,635 12-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Last Post: chuzie