Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
JohnPaul's Build
There ain't a 44 shaft made that Chuck can't break:notworthy:
'72 TBA...
bucketobolts Wrote:There ain't a 44 shaft made that Chuck can't break:notworthy:

Combine the size of the ears with the through hardened 4130 and you can understand why Moser believes they now have the strongest D-44 axles available. Confusedcratchhe:

:hysterical:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
So my "Longfeild" 300M U-joints ( http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/image...ssTest.pdf ) came in yesterday ( FINALLY ConfusedmokinSmile

So yesterday I went ahead and put one side of a u-joint in my new super badA MOSER chromo alxe shafts from BC Broncos.(shameless plug for BC's) :biggthumpup:

Then realized I had forgotten to put the super new amazing FULL circle clips on before "pressing" ( BFH press ) my 300M super "longfeild" u-joint caps on ... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thursday night I removed my wheels and tires and tore down the drivers side to the brake backing plate in route to the axles shafts. :popc1:

I also removed my old but practically brand new 2 1/2" WH's pre runner coil springs ( For Sale $80 ):xyxthumbs: in route to taking off my BIGGEST front end flex inhibitor ... Confusedcratchhe: ... My old stock radius arms :clap:

So last weekend was a very long and tough weekend for me ... :rubeyes: ... but well worth seeing all the Broncos and meeting new Bronco freaks and seeing old freinds !!! :biggthumpup: ... Well when I was leaving the Meet and Greet and finally had a minute to look in the back of my Bronco it was all made MORE than worth the time and expense ... it looked like Christmas for my "itty bitty" Bronco Confusedanta:

I met a guy at the Bronco Meet and Greet named Dwayne ( I hope I'm right ) that gave me, after some tuff nogetiations, a free back seat :notworthy: :biggthumpup: :notworthy: :chili: :chili::chili: ... that alone was so awwwwesome !!! :xyxthumbs: ...

Then SC74 ( aka Robert ) had made me some of the most superest amazing custom strongest long RADIUS ARMS Confusedmokin:

[Image: radiusarms2.jpg]

[SIZE="7"]WOW[/SIZE]

Also got a new steering wheel ( already installed :bdent: ) from "berg Bronco" and its an orginal Bronco wheel and ya'll know how important orginal stock is to me and my Bronco ... :hysterical: :toothy12: :hysterical:

Also got a helluva deal on some new 3 1/2" WH's RockCrawler Coil springs from "bighorn" I felt like with the 2 1/2" prerunner coils made my Bronco sit like a race car with a "rake" to the front so I wanna try these 3 1/2" rockcrawlers and get a more even ride stance if not a touch nose high ... :bigsquaregrin:

A new to me diff gaurd and a new to me BC Bronco's steel 6 blade fan from Chuck. :rebel:

And just like a week or two before the meet and greet I had ordered my moser front axles and longfeild 300M u-joints so to say the least my garage is packed full of super nice stuff and as soon as I go home today its gonna be
[SIZE="7"]"awn like donkey kong" ... c'mon[/SIZE]

So i will be knee deep in badassness for awhile this weekend ( and prolly next ) before I can finish this phase of my route to rockholyness of Bronco badassness !!! :rockon:

:popc1:
Confusedmokin:
Confusedmokin:

Rock on JP!!! You're making some awesome progress - keep it up and it will motivate me to finish mine. I look forward to seeing some pics of your work weekend :rebel:
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
those arms look great. nice work robert.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
broncomania Wrote:those arms look great. nice work robert.

Thanks Mike. They are aprox. 8-9" longer than stock and we used the summit machined joints - got them and the frame mount brackets from Ballistic. I think the joints will free up his travel more than anything. You can't really tell in that picture, but they do have a bend in them which should help with tire clearance. I don't recommending bending 1/4" tubing - what a PITA!
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Got lot done ... got all my axles out got carreir out got one radiusa arm off cut off stock mount also welded on the mount for my new long radius arms on the drivers side ... my D44 locker was in need of some maintenance so I re-welded that and will replace the ring and pinion and do all the seals in there get the other radius arm done and install new 3 1/2" coil springs ... blah blah blah ...

[Image: longradiusarmsandstuff007.jpg]
[Image: longradiusarmsandstuff008.jpg]
[Image: longradiusarmsandstuff009.jpg]
[Image: longradiusarmsandstuff011.jpg]
[Image: longradiusarmsandstuff012.jpg]
[Image: longradiusarmsandstuff013.jpg]
[Image: longradiusarmsandstuff014.jpg]
[Image: longradiusarmsandstuff016.jpg]
[Image: longradiusarmsandstuff018.jpg]

:beer: :popc1: Keep up the good werk
Dont forget to put the covers over those frame brackets as it really stiffens them up.The overhead welding sucks though but I didnt have a body in the way when I did mine.Smile You can just weld the sides if you want.
74 Sport Howell EFI & 33's sitting in the yard
73 104 in EB Buggy 5.0 SEFI ,C-4,38's Busy as Hell Building it right now.
00 Honda XR 650R For Sale.Someone buy this bad assed Bike ASAP.
03 Honda Shadow Spirit
744x4 Wrote:Dont forget to put the covers over those frame brackets as it really stiffens them up.The overhead welding sucks though but I didnt have a body in the way when I did mine.Smile You can just weld the sides if you want.

yeah I will put the covers on as I had enough for the day and wanted to mount the arm and make sure I don't cause any binding when I put the cover on and then weld it up ... yeah I caught alot of fire and hot crap on my arms and will have a at least a long sleeve on next side ... :biggthumpup:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  77 LUBR Build in SC, Part 2 Crawdad 79 36,393 04-20-2020, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Crawdad
  ECORS Class A race rig build broncosbybart 387 74,532 10-29-2014, 05:33 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  1969 Bronco Build jtoney51 9 3,646 07-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Last Post: jtoney51
  My 76 LUBR Build in SC Crawdad 177 32,107 05-14-2013, 07:13 PM